Ducati Sporting Club UK
General Motorcycles only
General motorcycle issues, including non-Ducati, but keep it motorcycles!

Old 02-Jun-2006, 19:05
500SD

Mood: Corners like a Lego man
Quote:
Originally Posted by desmobob
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 12582912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 16 bytes) in /var/www/html/dsc/forum/search.php on line 2563

Messages of this nature that contain the phrase 'Allowed memory size of xxxxx exhausted' all indicate that the system is running low on memory.

The website currently runs on a server with 256Mbytes of memory - this just isn't enough to support our needs, so I have asked for a quote from our ISP to upgrade the server. Our contract is due to expire mid July, so I am also seeking quotes from other companies to see what options are available.
I mention this not so that you can all send me emails saying '..my mate Steve can do you a good price...' , but more to keep you all up to date on what is happening behind the scenes.
But if your name is Steve and you run a big ISP with spare capacity, I could be interested... !!!

BTW, for the techies: a simple calculation (which I know isn't 100% correct) indicates that if we allocate 12Mbytes to each user, the current system can support just less than 20 users before memory is being swapped in/out. In the evenings we frequently exceed 50 users - hence the majority of the problems are seen in the evening session.
Old 02-Jun-2006, 20:11
500SD

Mood: Missing my Flash...
Why can I not upload pic into a gallery that I've just created?? I try, click on "Submit Upload More", and I get the old Page Cannot Be Displayed internet error.

Wasgoingonhere?!!!
Old 02-Jun-2006, 20:39
Ducati Corse

Why in my signature is it putting the URL rather than the actual image??
Old 02-Jun-2006, 21:08
500SD

Mood: Corners like a Lego man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper
Why in my signature is it putting the URL rather than the actual image??

Images cannot be placed into sig blocks - only text and smilies

Sig blocks and their usage are currently under review..........
Old 02-Jun-2006, 21:25
The Webteam
DSC Club Rep
Webteam
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: A Virtual Ducati

Quote:
Originally Posted by ath748
Why can I not upload pic into a gallery that I've just created?? I try, click on "Submit Upload More", and I get the old Page Cannot Be Displayed internet error.

Pictures must be less than 200Kbytes in size and be a maximum of 1280 x 960 pixels dimensions. If you exceed these limitations, it's possible that you may see an error screen. Can you check your picture size (right click on the image file, choose Properties and look at the Summary tab to see the sizes) ?

Eamonn
Old 02-Jun-2006, 21:27
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eamonn
Messages of this nature that contain the phrase 'Allowed memory size of xxxxx exhausted' all indicate that the system is running low on memory.

The website currently runs on a server with 256Mbytes of memory - this just isn't enough to support our needs, so I have asked for a quote from our ISP to upgrade the server. Our contract is due to expire mid July, so I am also seeking quotes from other companies to see what options are available.
I mention this not so that you can all send me emails saying '..my mate Steve can do you a good price...' , but more to keep you all up to date on what is happening behind the scenes.
But if your name is Steve and you run a big ISP with spare capacity, I could be interested... !!!

BTW, for the techies: a simple calculation (which I know isn't 100% correct) indicates that if we allocate 12Mbytes to each user, the current system can support just less than 20 users before memory is being swapped in/out. In the evenings we frequently exceed 50 users - hence the majority of the problems are seen in the evening session.

Is the server supplied by the isp and they maintain it, or can you supply your own etc.
If so I have some server kit surplus to rquirements now, free to dsc if you want it. Mostly ML350/370 G2/3 DL 360/380 G3/4 with heaps of ram , disks etc. let me know if its of any use, otherwise it's going to get broken up for parts and recycling.
R
Old 02-Jun-2006, 23:12
The Webteam
DSC Club Rep
Webteam
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by A888SP
Is the server supplied by the isp and they maintain it, or can you supply your own etc.
If so I have some server kit surplus to rquirements now, free to dsc if you want it. Mostly ML350/370 G2/3 DL 360/380 G3/4 with heaps of ram , disks etc. let me know if its of any use, otherwise it's going to get broken up for parts and recycling.
R

Many thanks for the offer, but the kit is supplied by the ISP since they maintain the firewalls, network connections, DNS servers etc. I'd be reluctant to stray too far away from the 'simple' solution as it will only make the job harder for the next webmaster/webteam to administer.

Eamonn
Old 02-Jun-2006, 23:30
The Webteam
DSC Club Rep
Webteam
Ducati Meccanica

New colour schemes

You can now try out Yellow and Charcoal colour schemes as well as the standard red scheme.

Each one also has an option suffixed with 'NoHead' - this is the same scheme as normal except the very top banner containing the DSC logo is not shown. This saves screen space for those that don't need to be reminded which website they're viewing !!
Old 03-Jun-2006, 16:58
Big Twin

Mood: Train comes and I know its destination
No Head is good, me like no head. Good work, Team.
Old 03-Jun-2006, 17:25
Ducati Corse

Wink

I Disagree.I like head.Alot!!Only receiving it mind you!!

Sorry,I'll get my coat!