Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 18-Oct-2004, 16:14
Mille

Mood: building the beast
F\'in service costs

I've gone from happy to mega ****ed off in one phone call. I only got my 2002 748s a few weeks ago and i just put it in for the 6000 miles service. I just had a call to tell me a couple of the rockers are shagged and need to be replaced £80 odd each Also the Chain and sprokets are on the way out so i ordered a renthal set. This is going to cost a friggin fortune. The good news is the kind folks at Ducati Leeds are trying to Get Ducati UK to pay for the rockers for me. At least i get to keep the monster that they loaned me to play on ( But its yellow)
Old 18-Oct-2004, 16:18
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: have owned 748/853/916/749/853R/748/848 not sure whats next...

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
bummer, can you not get it done under warranty as the rockers would have been flaking before you started to oen it

at least you have a loan bike even if it is yellow
Old 18-Oct-2004, 16:28
Mille

Its JUST out of warrenty

They are doing their best at Duc Leeds though. Top people
Old 18-Oct-2004, 16:42
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Ducati should replace the rockers FOC, if the work is being done at an authorised dealer - but won't cover the labour.

I learned the hard way and had 8 rockers replaced but it wasn't at a main dealer so I had to pay for this myself. Openers and closers are different prices too from memory, one is £80'ish and the other is £110'ish ... That was quite an expensive moment for me and only 1 week after owning the bike.
Old 18-Oct-2004, 16:53
Mille

Quote:
Originally posted by tp-996
Ducati should replace the rockers FOC, if the work is being done at an authorised dealer - but won't cover the labour.

I think thats the plan. I have to send them proof of the service history first though

Quote:
Originally posted by tp-996
I learned the hard way and had 8 rockers replaced but it wasn't at a main dealer so I had to pay for this myself. Openers and closers are different prices too from memory, one is £80'ish and the other is £110'ish ... That was quite an expensive moment for me and only 1 week after owning the bike.

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 18-Oct-2004, 16:55
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: have owned 748/853/916/749/853R/748/848 not sure whats next...

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
ouch and ouch

im gald mines done a lot of miles as the rockers would ahve flaked by now if they were going to flake

hope duc leeds sort it for you

its a expensive way to start owning a duke esle
Old 18-Oct-2004, 16:58
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by chris99

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

Ouch indeed!

It cost even more with the other work I was having done but all in all very worth it. I get flack at work all the time about Ducati's breaking down all the time but I have not had one issue with mine that wasn't caused by me - it has never let me down in over a year of ownership.
Old 18-Oct-2004, 17:25
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Quote:
Originally posted by deej
ouch and ouch

im gald mines done a lot of miles as the rockers would ahve flaked by now if they were going to flake

hope duc leeds sort it for you

its a expensive way to start owning a duke esle

Hmmmm..... doesn't mean they won't though!

You could have them replaced and there's still the chance of the new ones flaking
Old 18-Oct-2004, 17:55
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
2 rockers? 8 rockers?? you lucky LUCKY people!
Old 18-Oct-2004, 18:00
Mille

Mood: FIVE!!!!Guess We'll Keep It
had the same when i owned my 748r,3 or 4 rockers(can't remember) and a camshaft!bike was out of warranty by about 14 months(6k on the clock,full dsh) but after ringing up their warranty dept and complaining nicely about it being a known problem etc i e-mailed them a copy of my service history and they coughed up for the bits but not the labour,result!trouble was i waited over 2months for the camshaft!!