Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 08-Aug-2006, 16:29
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickieducati
i think we just send them to paul james dont we? thats what i've done. all your ones above obviously.

Yes, but I (foolishly) thought it would be a good idea for us to have a chat about it first, to get some ideas out there.
Old 08-Aug-2006, 16:35
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpy1
yes i do!!!!I got a bit carry away with my yes and no answers.........

I dont want to see any 695 racing in 2007 and 2008.....

yeah but no but yeah but no but yeah but....................
Old 08-Aug-2006, 16:38
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by domski
Yes, but I (foolishly) thought it would be a good idea for us to have a chat about it first, to get some ideas out there.

no harm in that i just havent got anything to add to yours! pretty much covers it. i just added to exclude 695 for 2 years at least. to show continuity for people coming in.
Old 08-Aug-2006, 16:53
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
[quote=domski]
Let's keep this positive, this is our chance to get the right questions asked.

You're a hypocrite and now you're being an arse! Well done.
QUOTE]

Nice follow up on the lets keep it positive. Short term memory loss??

How about a reminder of 2.1.4 General.

Any entrant found to be bringing the series or the Club into disrepute, can at the discretion of the race committee have their entry withdrawn.........

Ray
Old 08-Aug-2006, 16:55
500SD

Mood: www.kylebennettmedia.com
[quote=Ray]
Quote:

You're a hypocrite and now you're being an arse! Well done.
QUOTE]

Any entrant found to be bringing the series or the Club into disrepute, can at the discretion of the race committee have their entry withdrawn.........

Ray

Do you race?
Old 08-Aug-2006, 16:57
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

Quote:
Further to the RC email regarding a questionnarie, what questions would you like to be asked about in the DD questionnaire?

I've been through a couple threads to pick some out e.g.
  • Would you prefer the machine rules to remain unchanged? Yes/No
  • Would you like to exclude 695cc machines in 2007? yes/no
  • How many (UK) rounds would you prefer in 2007? 6 or 7
  • Which month would you prefer to start in? March or April
  • If we race at Assen, would you prefer it to be points or non-points?
  • How many scoring races to count? All points to count/drop 1 race/drop 2 races
  • How would you like the series to be administered? 1 dedicated person/A committee as per 2006
  • Would you like to have rider reps? yes/no
  • Would you like a long race? yes/no
  • Would you like to remove the rule which requires the top 3 to move out of Class B? yes/no

There's a few to start.

Which questions would you like to be asked?

I'm sorry but I'm going to go against my own decision to not get drawn into these debates on the public forums and make one final comment before withdrawing from this thread.

The opportunity for all the riders to have a chance to get the right questions asked was given to you all in my quite straightforward email requesting your input. It didn't revolve around Dominic putting up this posting which has degenerated into yet another spate of bitching it's just another example of him not being able to leave anything alone and follow a simple, reasonable thought through procedure I'm afraid.

He has done a lot of DD related things this year but my ongoing frustration is that he does them all in isolation despite being asked repeatedly *to work with us* so that the whole series is manageable. Apologies should have read *why he refuses to work with us*

Kevin has posed some interesting questions, quite how they are included in a workable questionnaire I'm not sure yet but they are food for serious thought IMHO and not just to be sneered at.

You all have a right to your opinions and to express them reasonably, flaming and overt aggression has no real place here though does it ?

The series will go forward into 2007 and will be a success, it won't be as a result of any individuals work or input and the best option overall is for a more cohesive attitude towards achieving that.

I'm all in favour of accepting help but there has to be communication for it to all work without causing chaos.

http://www.multirole-eng.com

http://www.audicator.com Check out our simple to fit, potentially life saving turn signal alert system.

Last edited by Paul James : 08-Aug-2006 at 18:40.
Old 08-Aug-2006, 17:03
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray

Ray

You really can't help yourself can you Ray.

You're my little shadow.

That's 6 threads in a row now that you've followed me, quoted me, and had a little pokey poke at me.

I'm glad you're there to maintain me though, where would we be without people like you to antagonise people like me.

I can now see why you're such a valued member to the club. I must apologise to Jools next time you two aren't hugging.

Thanks for derailing the thread again after we were just back to the point.

Oh, and my comments aimed at Kev, were not positive because he had done the same thing as you - gone off topic and tried for the wind up.
Old 08-Aug-2006, 17:12
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul James
The opportunity for all the riders to have a chance to get the right questions asked was given to you all in my quite straightforward email requesting your input. It didn't revolve around Dominic putting up this posting which has degenerated into yet another spate of bitching it's just another example of him not being able to leave anything alone and follow a simple, reasonable thought through procedure I'm afraid.

I think you need to read the thread again to see why it degenerated Paul - it certainly wasn't due to me asking my fellow racers for positive ideas.

Quote:
He has done a lot of DD related things this year but my ongoing frustration is that he does them all in isolation despite being asked repeatedly to work with us so that the whole series is manageable.

I've been asked once, by Eammon, in March.

I've also made it clear on two occasions that I would be more than happy to give up more of my time to take on a role within DD should the MT so wish - but nothing has ever been offered, apart from wanting to take the unofficial forum and website and put it on the official server!

Quote:
Kevin has posed some interesting questions, quite how they are included in a workable questionnaire I'm not sure yet but they are food for serious thought IMHO and not just to be sneered at.

But of no use for the rider questionnaire - which I explained to you in an email less than an hour ago!

Quote:
You all have a right to your opinions and to express them reasonably, flaming and overt aggression has no real place here though does it ?

Can we include 'Provoking' and being 'Antagonistic'?
Old 08-Aug-2006, 17:22
500SD

Mood: www.kylebennettmedia.com
I still don't get it, does Ray race? I've never met him in the paddock yet he always seems to have an answer and opinion on everything DD yet as far as I'm aware, doesn't actually take part??
Old 08-Aug-2006, 18:52
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul James
He has done a lot of DD related things this year but my ongoing frustration is that he does them all in isolation despite being asked repeatedly *to work with us* so that the whole series is manageable. Apologies should have read *why he refuses to work with us*

You're still wrong, despite emailing me not 10 mins ago to tell me that I was indeed 100% correct when I reminded you that you haven't asked me to work with you.

Look I said (in the email)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom's email to PJ
You haven't repeatedly asked me to help out at all. What you've repeatedly said is that you don't understand why I won't work with you - that's not the same thing.

...your reply to that was...

Quote:
Originally Posted by From: Paul James, Sent: 08 August 2006 18:35
I will amend my post accordingly as you are in fact correct here.

That's not quite what you've edited in above is it?

I don't know why I'm surprised.

Just so people are aware, I've had 8 emails in 3 hours from Paul. A lot gets said off the forum. I know some of you think that I or DD riders in general moan a lot, but there is a bit more to it than that and I think that in the interests of transparency, people should know that.