Ducati Sporting Club UK

Prev   Next
Old 28-Jul-2005, 13:53
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
The Mountain?

Gotta confess I bottled it nearly every lap on the mountain!
Ordinarily I've got no problem lifting the front wheel (just ask Nick ) and, as I'd never ridden Cadwell before I was really looking forward to the mountain and goose neck sections. I spent most of the morning learning the lines without pushing too hard and was having a whale of a time through the gooseneck's positive camber turns down to the chicane but last session before lunch I went harder and coming over the mountain got the bars up to eye level, not a problem, but must have crested the hill at an angle, when the front end came down it was all crossed up and with my light grip the bars both got wrenched out of my hands. It settled down straight away as I always let the bike do it's "thing" in those situations so no harm, but even changing my line up the hill I had a repeat performance second time round. Needless to say after that I hardly got the front airborne again as my subconscious held me back from twisting that grip any further but every time I had the rear end getting "squirrelly" over the crest? I know how a bike handles and the affect of rider input but can't work out why that's happening? After lunch Geoff told me the "right" line, turn in late and aim for the edge of the change in tarmac but I was jiggered if I could get it right and I never had the confidence to blat it over that damned crest! How do you ride that section?