Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 18-Feb-2012, 23:19
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
first ride

and all I can say is, after my first ever ride at Oulton with horrible conditions drying but cold, my bike is AWESOME!! Can't recommend Paul & Snells enough for getting this bike competitive

bring on Brands!
Old 19-Feb-2012, 09:29
Bikes: Ducati 1198

Mood: Born to be a biker
Bought you bike from Snells in Alton ? Great place. I picked up my new 1198 on Friday and the ride home was simply AWESOME.

Let's have fun with our new toys.
Old 19-Feb-2012, 10:05
MotoGP God

they built my race bike for this years DD challenge
Old 19-Feb-2012, 15:30
500SD

If only they could have sorted the weather. Odd that today its such a lovely day

Oh well.
M
Old 19-Feb-2012, 16:52
MotoGP God

did you get yours sorted Mark? edited to add - you need to change your sig Mark

got my gps working in my pocket 2nd session, when it was damp most, wet under trees, and only did 3 laps with the 3rd a 2'32 so long way to go...30 seconds to start!!

but everything I wanted to test was a success or I know what to change, I know have half an idea of the lines, and where I have lots of work v fine as is for Oulton later in the year

after a major op and been off bike since Sept, I couldn't ask for more
Old 19-Feb-2012, 19:56
Mille

Summary of my day:

1) Got soaked

2) Battery was dead so needed a jump start

3) Went for noise testing, and my digital speedo unit failed... tester said "more revs please... more... you failed, 105db" (odd as the bike is not that loud and wasn't above 100db last year so I'm blaming a stroppy tester )

4) Got even more wet

5) Borrowed some baffles

6) Another jump starts, still no tacho, went out for a session about 12pm ("the noise test pass sticker must have fallen off")

7) Engine was spluttering. I recon I hit 60mph once in top gear... must have gotten water in somewhere during the monsoon

8) trundled round, learning the track a little. Track is drying and the chequered flag comes out. Get to Brittens I think. Left... right... down. Doh!!! I didn't even have enough speed to carry the bike off the track, but still managed to bend/snap levers and pegs on the right hand side. No idea what happened but no damage to me at least

so, £71, a trip from Kent, 15 minutes on track (maybe 4 or 5 laps) on a spluttering engine, ending in the recovery truck with wounded pride. Oh well, bring on Brands...
Old 19-Feb-2012, 20:10
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeevvvooo
Summary of my day:

1) Got soaked

2) Battery was dead so needed a jump start

3) Went for noise testing, and my digital speedo unit failed... tester said "more revs please... more... you failed, 105db" (odd as the bike is not that loud and wasn't above 100db last year so I'm blaming a stroppy tester )

4) Got even more wet

5) Borrowed some baffles

6) Another jump starts, still no tacho, went out for a session about 12pm ("the noise test pass sticker must have fallen off")

7) Engine was spluttering. I recon I hit 60mph once in top gear... must have gotten water in somewhere during the monsoon

8) trundled round, learning the track a little. Track is drying and the chequered flag comes out. Get to Brittens I think. Left... right... down. Doh!!! I didn't even have enough speed to carry the bike off the track, but still managed to bend/snap levers and pegs on the right hand side. No idea what happened but no damage to me at least

so, £71, a trip from Kent, 15 minutes on track (maybe 4 or 5 laps) on a spluttering engine, ending in the recovery truck with wounded pride. Oh well, bring on Brands...

Sometimes like that Steve. At least you had about 5 mins more track time than me. Still don't know if I have cured the misfire but I've just booked back on at Oulton on Tuesday to find out.
Old 19-Feb-2012, 20:20
500SD

Not the most succesfull day for everyone but at least none of our engines blew up and we are all in one piece so good day.

I am hoping my bike will be fixed next weekend as I have run out of time again. Need to spend a little time doing a few small jobs.

Old 19-Feb-2012, 20:28
Mille

yep, just one of those days. Still, I got my "first off" out of the way, so that's good I suppose as the fear of falling off isn't as bad now

I had a list of small jobs before, now I have even more to do!

Just hoping the misfire will cure itself once the bike drys out. I might have to put the airbox lid back on as I recon water may have got in there

:edit: thanks for all your help by the way! Hope everyone cures their mystery problems before Brands
Old 19-Feb-2012, 20:53
500SD
Bikes: 803 rs race bike

Had a good day, did 3 1/2 sessions. Sorted my front pre load and re aligned my gear selector as I kept missing gears first session. Got a feel for how the bike leans and brakes so very happy, oh and I didn't bin it. Was a weird day as the inters was full of very varied riders some of whom I made some very naught overtakes on oops. I still need to get my head around how the bike revs as the 600ss reved to about 10k but the 800 has a really big rev limiter kick in at 9k but the torque from 4k upwards is amazing. I kept hitting corners too high at 6k, or way too low so need more time on the bike before the race season starts.

Neil I have a pic of you behind the 848 you where following for about 4 laps, send me you email addy.

Paul #196