Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.
Closed Thread

Old 03-May-2005, 22:12
DSC Club Member
Big Twin

Mood: Im Going to Italy soon!
Desmo Due rules 2005 (changes)

I am sure from the number of viewings of the two main posts regarding the eligability of bikes, that has been going on since the race on Sunday that we now have a series that this Club can be really proud of.

However, a number of what might term "not politically correct" comments have been made with regard to the eligability of bikes within the series. Some of those have been of a personal nature directed towards a rider and have no place on this board.

It is true that when the rules for the series were being formulated that the Racing Committee were advised that an overbore kit for the 620 motor would not be available until 3rd qtr 2005 and that as such this would be an issue for the 2006 series, thus being dealt with within the 2006 regulations.

However an entry was made within the framework of the rules that were published, that has cuased some consternation amongst the entrants to the series.

I received a number of phone calls yesterday afternoon and into the evening, some of which I have to say I would rather not have had to listen to. There was one though that I think has epitomised the backbone (spirt) that seems to run through the center of this Club.

Geoff Spencer has without prompting from myself or any other person offerred to return his bike back to a capacity of 618cc. Such a selfless act in support of the "spirit of this series" I do not beleive can be commended highly enough.

In addition you will have seen the post that has been put up by Ducati London South, suggesting that the capacity limit for the 618cc bikes be restricted to that size, this has in addition been supported by Ducati Coventry for the remainder of this year. The race commitee have spent most of today trying to find an equitable solution to the problem that has been placed before the Club, I now beleive that we have a resolution to the satisfaction of the majority.

Accordingly a decision has been taken by the racing Committee of the DSC that an ammendment to the rules will be applied this week, to the effect that the capacity limit for 583 engines will be 675cc and that for 618cc engines no overbores other that standard rebores will be allowed (i.e +1.0mm max).

I will issue new rules within the next couple of days to all of the entrants to that effect.

The current race results will stand as published and the revised regulations will take effect from Castle Coombe.

For the avoidance of doubt, this matter has been treated as a one off problem and in no way signifies that the regulations are subject to further debate or discussion, from any party. If the entrants to the series wish to approach the racing committee for a change it will require the signature of at least 75% of registered participants before a motion will be considered.

We have made a superb start to our activities in 2005, we have an opportunity available to the members of this Club that would appear to be unique, lets make the best of this opportunity as we move forward into the year.

Latest set of rules are on this thread

[Edited on 5-7-2005 by Webteam]
Old 03-May-2005, 22:15
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
My respect for Geoff has just gone up even more - a very noble gesture.
Old 03-May-2005, 22:16
Dibble

Geoff Spencer ..... I salute you ......

Well posted Chris .......
Old 03-May-2005, 22:17
Big Twin

Mood: Diet
i have not met geoff, but that really demonstrates a great racing spirit. i hope that he has some great races in the rest of the season.
Old 03-May-2005, 22:26
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
Thanks very much Geoff.
Thanks to you everybody should be happy... until next round

Castle Combe in 32 days................................. De la balle
Old 03-May-2005, 22:29
Big Twin

Mood: renegade sexy racer
GEOFF YOU ARE THE MAN
I think you will win this series in style
Old 03-May-2005, 22:35
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Top man Geoff - now give us all a chance, eh?
Old 03-May-2005, 22:45
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Equity has prevailed !

Geoff - nice one.
Chris - good work.

All - bring it on !!!!!
Closed Thread