Ducati Sporting Club UK

Prev   Next
Old 11-Jun-2003, 20:02
Regional Organiser - BHCN
Ducati Corse

Mood: Raring to Ride
Belts and Rockers

Just out of interest I thought I might mention the fact that I had my belts changed today after 10,000 miles,this is the second time that I have changed them, the first time was before heading of to Spain after covering about 7,000 I guess that was more precaution than neccesaty.I was suprised at the condition of them after 10,000 looking like new with no markings or fraying thankfully. I no that Ducati recomend 12000 miles in between changes and I would not want to venture passed that figure but I all so hear some members change a lot earlier than this,again more on the side of precation. I also had them take a peak at the valve/rocker clearances and they report no adjustment required.Seems that if you are pron to taking it up to the redline /limiter you are more likely to need adjustment ,I normally go up to 8000 max on mine as it drops BHP after that (Thats what the Dyno said)I hav'nt seen many threads on this one so hope it help/reasure those that are thinking about it . Regards Fordie