Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 22-May-2005, 21:40
Big Twin

WANTED 749 Biposto(Think he,s found one )SAGA !

My brother has finally made his mind up that he wants a 749 or preferably a 749S Biposto again preferably in red either an 03 or 04 registration.

He wants something that is mint, well looked after,with full history and services up to date.

He has struggled to raise the cash for this bike so he wants a genuine bike that needs nothing doing to it.

The cash is ready and waiting for the right bike so if anyone has one for sale at a realistic price please let me know before he goes to a dealer where he has seen a couple at quite low prices for a dealer.

Thanks

[Edited on 24-5-2005 by iang]

[Edited on 29-5-2005 by iang]
Old 22-May-2005, 23:25

you should pick up 1 to 2 year old 749 for anywhere between 5K and 7K depending on age , model , mileage etc.
I bought my 749S brand new last march and my dealer will only give me 6,300 for it against a new 749 S - he told me the second hand market was full of nearly new Ducatis that no one wanted and that its been the worst six months he's had. What i dont understand is he has 12 second hand dukes in his show room but none of them are 749 / 999 - why? they rent making good money but there arent loads around - i looked in MCN last week and there were only about 5 749's to choose from.
any one shed some light on this?????
Old 23-May-2005, 00:51
Big Twin

Thats a big hit to take in depreciation for a year old bike!

Where are all the 749/999's? Don't seem to see many round here
Old 23-May-2005, 02:00
Mille

Mood: bleedin ecstatic!
Hey khu, as you know, im swapping mine in (fingers crossed thursday, bet it ****es down as well), so Ive still got my 749 dark sat in the back garden, done 1500 miles and, part exchange im getting around 4,700. When I bought it brand new (for 6,700) 6 months ago, yep, 6 months ago, I was gonna swap it in within the first month of owning it, but they would only give 5000.
Phone around and nobody seemed even the slightest bit interested, but there has been more interest now funnily enough, but all around the 5000 mark.
Im soooooooooo glad i dont own a credit card.
Old 23-May-2005, 11:30
GTL

Mood: going for a ride...
Have you seen this :

http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/index.php3?M=70

Could be converted to bip for a little time on e-bay and quite a small outlay , you will not find a cleaner bike , pm me
Old 23-May-2005, 16:05
GTL

Mood: going for a ride...
see page 1 of market place , link not working right
Old 24-May-2005, 12:35
Big Twin

Well after a fair bit searching i think my brother has finally found a bike. It is an october 04 749 ( not sure if it is an S )
Biposto in red with only 300 miles, as new condition, uk bike, completely standard (I think ) and he is meant to be picking it up on saturday, me being the taxi driver !
He got it for £5800 cash which i think seems a good price for such a low mileage bike and his insurance was £340 through mitchells ( Ducati quoted £391 )
So his £6000 budget has been slightly stretched and he still has no leathers and needs a new helmet but someone is lending him some leathers and a helmet until he gets sorted.
He is on the look out for a one piece Dainese suit in black or a reserved colour size 54 ( uk 44) which is not too expensive.
Old 24-May-2005, 13:24
Mille

Mood: bleedin ecstatic!
Well done, only problem is it'll need its 600 mile service pretty soon, and thats another 200+ quid....
Old 29-May-2005, 09:42
Big Twin

What a carry on, We were meant to be going to get my brothers bike on saturday, all sorted ready to go then the post arrived and a letter from the finance company stating that as my brother has only been in a new job for 4 weeks they would not lend him the full amount.

Now as our mum had lent my brother the cash until his loan came through and needed it back this coming week the trip had to be cancelled and the dreaded phone call was made to the guy selling the bike to inform him that we were no longer going for the bike.

I hate mucking people about and i felt sorry for the seller and my brother who was distraught, but it was something out of our control.

THEN, !!!! as we were ready early for our trip we decided to go and look at the local bike shops and what a suprise.
As soon as we went into the ducati dealer, where we had been looking for a bike for the last week or two, the salesman came straight up to us and took us to one side.
He said that he was about to ring me to inform me that he would sell my brother a new 05 model biposto for £7000 which is about £1800 discount and he would do the finance really cheap along with a free first service.( another £200 saving)

This apparently was a one off deal he could offer on this one bike and would never be repeated and as i was one of his best customers he gave me the opportunity first.
Although this was £1000 more than my brothers budget i offered to lend him the extra £1000 to enable him to buy the bike so a deal was struck and he gets the bike on wednesday. It was too good a price to turn down.

So what started out as a pig of a day turned out better than expected, fate maybe ?

The only downside to this is that not only does he owe me the £1000 for the bike but also £600 for leathers and helmet. Brothers eh !!!
Old 29-May-2005, 10:08
500SD

Mood: Happy again with Numptystrada
Great to hear that your brother is sorted and on the road. It was really great the way you helped him out. Do you wan't to adopt a (much ) older brother?