Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.
Closed Thread

Old 13-Nov-2005, 23:37
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: ooooh
Quote:
Originally posted by ericthered40
O come on it's just as good as the racing this is

Yeh but we're old folk so just like when racing we're worn out just as we get going
Old 13-Nov-2005, 23:37
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by ericthered40
O come on it's just as good as the racing this is

Don't spoil it, I'm just starting to get emotional
Old 13-Nov-2005, 23:39
Big Twin

Mood: Ducati-less!
*gets box of tissues out*
Old 13-Nov-2005, 23:42
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Look guys, there have been times this year when I thought other people were getting favours...

....so now it's my turn

You need to get on the RC quickly
Old 13-Nov-2005, 23:43
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: ooooh
Well if this thread is anything to go by there aren't any objections are there ?
Old 14-Nov-2005, 09:43
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
So long as you abide by the rules and meet the criteria set by the RC why shouldn't anyone be allowed to race? I look forward to having the chance to race with you in our very own rat bike class next year Dom, has "Ducati" (or Weeksy) got a bike ready for it too?
Old 14-Nov-2005, 11:05
Mille

[quote]Originally posted by Grib
Looking at it from a complete Novice point of view, I've entered this on the understanding that I'll be out with Novices./quote]

I competed in the DD series this year as a COMPLETE novice, and believe-you-me, it is better that the entire grid is not made up of complete novices. No...far better that there are some wise heads out there to keep things a little cooler! My most vivid memory of the year (apart from ploughing my shoulder into Cadwell's grass at high speed at the last meeting of the season) was lining up on the grid for the first race at the first meeting at Cadwell, and witnessing at first hand all the hi-jinks that ensued once the lights went out...believe me...it got progressively better as the season went on and people began to realize that the race wasn't won within the first ten yards of the race! (Sorry, forgot, Dom pretty-much made ten yards on the entire field in race two at Brands...but that's another story!!!)

So I have absolutely no problem with Domski entering 583s for next season....lets face it, he has given a lot of people a lot of amusement this year...the series would have definitely been the poorer if he hadn't been there to both ridicule and have "pops" at!!!!

All you of you UTTER novices out there entering DD for the first time in 2006 DO need a benchmark, and so long as we don't have some utter wizz out there clearing off by a mile, then a smattering of more experienced racers do actually serve that purpose. In 2005 I certainly used half a dozen of the faster riders to aim at, rather than concentrate on who was behind me.

Me, I am still smarting from my injury, but have learned a lot from it, and would dearly love to come back into the 583s to show some of you newbys the way home....if my wife will let me out to play next year!!!!!!!

Good luck to everyone for 2006, but ESPECIALLY...GOOD LUCK DOM....WE LOVE YOU

Andy #99
Old 14-Nov-2005, 11:37
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
i'll be in 620 next year but im going to comment because i can...........and i would have the same view if i was in 583.

doms a clown, he's not that good anyway, the races he does manage to stay on in he'll probably be banned from anyhow.

he is however a top bloke, has shown alot of support to the series and i would be happy to race with him next year.
Old 14-Nov-2005, 12:23
Ducati Corse

Mood: is it still wet
Quote:
Originally posted by domski
. Fil2 comprehensively kicked my arse this year and finished 3rd overall, but nobody is worried about that.

Dont bring me into it Dom.....I meet the class criteria..i am a novice......

U get my support for entering 583 for ALL the right reasons....even at the cost of a few "oh so "coveted trophies..im sure the DD will agree the Series is not about how many Pots you get.....

Be good to have you in 583 and in the paddock m8.........

ps..cant say i wont give it " he should not be entered blah blah" when you/if beat me on your Rat bike..:P
Old 14-Nov-2005, 16:39
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
because they are racers and want to race and beat people. simple.
Closed Thread