Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 30-Mar-2012, 07:43

Hottrax Priorities

Loved watching you lot bimbling 'round Brands on telly last night - Jealous? Of course I was :-)

Something struck me watching the whole programme - DD race had a full grid, I'm guessing over 30 bikes ..... For the other races shown (600 & especially 1000) the grids looked like a patched up restart after a serious accident - couldn't have been more than 15 bikes in the 1000's ......... yet wasn't this the meeting where the announcer was apologetic to the crowd that DD had intruded onto the obviously (to him) more important classes on the race card.

They seriously need to get a grip on priorities - at a time when finances are being squeezed, any series which brings full grids to a meeting should be welcomed with open arms, and indeed lauded, especially when the riders in that series also have the happiest faces in the paddock !
Old 30-Mar-2012, 09:01
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Dave and Karen do appreciate that we bring sizeable grids to the meetings and James who did the commentary on the TV is another that appreciates the value of the series, last year he was also doing the circuit commentary but this year has handed that role on to someone else who judging by the comments at Brands DOESN't Seem to appreciate our simplistic, low powered bikes especially when the likes of Matt Lawson, Andy Challis and a few others were putting in lap times that would have had them fighting over 6th spot in the classic Superbike / Supercup / Triumph Street Triple races

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 30-Mar-2012, 09:46
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
I was thinking we wouldn't be shown, given it was last knockings...but thought coverage was really fair, about the same as the others, and showed a lot of people other than the front runners which seems to happen with the Thundersport GB coverage
Old 30-Mar-2012, 10:56
500SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
Dave and Karen do appreciate that we bring sizeable grids to the meetings and James who did the commentary on the TV is another that appreciates the value of the series, last year he was also doing the circuit commentary but this year has handed that role on to someone else who judging by the comments at Brands DOESN't Seem to appreciate our simplistic, low powered bikes especially when the likes of Matt Lawson, Andy Challis and a few others were putting in lap times that would have had them fighting over 6th spot in the classic Superbike / Supercup / Triumph Street Triple races

I was quit surprised when I was reading one of the racers blogs from the 600 s and he was happy with a time that our a class beat. I think that it's going to be a slow process?
Mark
Old 30-Mar-2012, 11:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradders
I was thinking we wouldn't be shown, given it was last knockings...but thought coverage was really fair, about the same as the others, and showed a lot of people other than the front runners which seems to happen with the Thundersport GB coverage

The TV coverage was very good - plenty of namechecks through the field, not just the front runners - and the mini feature on KP's PS homage was sound ....

Hopefully they will realise at the circuits that club racing such as DD, where participation is a big part of the experience, is just as important to the event as a whole as the more expensive 'glamour' classes are.
Old 30-Mar-2012, 11:54
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Glad it wasn't just me that thought some of the bikes shown in the other classes looked like they were out for a sunday bimble!

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 30-Mar-2012, 13:39
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
we all gotta start somewhere Great name check for Steeevo at Graham Hill - glad to see the old bike knows its way back to the tarmac!!
Old 30-Mar-2012, 13:53
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Quote:
we all gotta start somewhere

These guys weren't wearing novice bibs, so presumably they'd already started.

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 30-Mar-2012, 15:07
Mille

Quote:
we all gotta start somewhere Great name check for Steeevo at Graham Hill - glad to see the old bike knows its way back to the tarmac!!

They would pick that race wouldn't they?!?

A little over excited going in and went wide
Old 30-Mar-2012, 15:24
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 1098R Bayliss Rep

Mood: Find people who share your values, and you'll conquer the world together.
Enjoyed my moment of fame, but not the wheel up off the grid.

Funny though in one race a rider going wide was translated as "going wide to get on the power early" is translated in our race that "i need to tidy up my lines"

Still was great to watch and enjoyed being able to see it more from a spectators perspective, something we dont get to do when we are out there racing.

Looking forward to Snett.