Ducati Sporting Club UK
Race
MotoGP / WSB / BSB / Local racing.
*** WARNING*** May contain race results!!

Old 26-Sep-2006, 21:08
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: Back down to 3 :>(
Some Pics from Magny Cour...

First one at scrutineering - anyone got a sponge ??!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg scrutineering at magny.JPG (93.0 KB, 122 views)
Old 26-Sep-2006, 21:12
Ducati in my Blood

Waiting for another go !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Magny pit lane.JPG (74.6 KB, 105 views)
Old 26-Sep-2006, 21:54
Big Twin

Did ya get a bit wet then Natty ?

I hope you had some dry track time as our riders said it was like an Ice rink in the wet.

Old 27-Sep-2006, 07:49
Ducati in my Blood

Got wet on the way mate and the track was wet for the first few hours, and your mates were right - it was lethal in the wet...every time you tipped it in..no matter how little the bike just slipped ! Came in till it dried and still got plenty of track time as it was open pit lane..

Nat
Old 27-Sep-2006, 09:36
Mille

Mood: Got a life and have no agenda!!
Not like you to have such a dirty bike Nat. Was it worth the trip? Coming to Cartagena? Slob is.
Old 27-Sep-2006, 11:56
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
doh!

I was there mate....was it you that said hello on Saturday morning? Didn't see you the rest of the weekend, despite the fact that I was regularly walking round the garages. Could have had a laugh together on the monster and CB5.

You must have seen me on my CB5 on Sunday, I did about 25 laps non stop in the wet with only one or two bikes on the circuit, had it all to myself for about 10 laps, half the riders were on the pit wall watching the muppet go by in the wet waiting for me to bin it....you're right, it was tre slippy even with wets on at one or two corners, but others were fine, I would not have gone out on road tyres in these conditions, but still got loads of dry time both days on my CBR600RR. I must have done 60+ laps on Sunday, absolutely loved it, superb circuit. Boy were there some fast boys out there though, particularly the two on the trick R6's. On Sunday in the wet, one of them came past me into the right hander at the top of the hill near the end, he must have been going twice my speed, but obviously has never come across the mystery of the CB5 and as he shot past me and braked, I just kept going and re-took him on the way in and came out ahead of him, he must have wondered wtf happenned, I was laughing my ass off, then the next time I went out in the wet, there were only 3 of us out and he came past my CB on the straight doing 170+ and as I approached the hairpin, he went down on the brakes and straight into the litter, I gave him a little wave.

Best track time I've had for years, absolutely loved it, defo going back there, best track I've ever ridden bar none.

WeeJohnyB
Old 27-Sep-2006, 13:05
Ducati in my Blood

Talking

That was me John - sorry - should have introduced myself as we've only met a couple of times !

I told our boys to call it a day in the morning (many of them were new to track days and were a bit intimidated as it was - especially when they started issuing race numbers !!)) - as you say it was lethal on road tyres - especially my metzeler racetecs which disperse hardly any water whatsoever !!

Got shed loads of laps in before lunch though when it was dry and it was
awesome..had to laugh out turning some of the racer boys into that mental v shaped hairpin with my monnies wide bars !!

Those R6's were rapid werent they and looked very pretty. The one lad binned his big style on saturday - I went past and he was on the deck not moving. 1 Hour later he was out on is second bike !!

And what about that guy on the laguna seca rossi rep R1 in the afternoone race - how quckm was that ****** !!!?

Yep -great track...only bettered by Imola IMO which has a bit more character.

Doug - did slob get a deal and what were the dates in the end - I have a plan !!!
Old 27-Sep-2006, 13:57
Mille

Don't know if he got a deal or not I haven't had chance to speak to him. They're advertising it for £695 on their website. That includes flights, transfers, hotel, bike transport and four days on track. We fly out on the 6th November and fly back on the 11th. See you at the airport!!
Old 27-Sep-2006, 14:33
Ducati in my Blood

******. Im out of holiday this year dude...was thinking it may be early doors next year...
Old 27-Sep-2006, 14:56
Mille

Can't you have a migraine that week?!!!

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit