Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 31-May-2005, 11:06
Mille

Mood: Black Magic 999!
Rear stand \"bobbins\"

Does anyone know what bolt size the holes in the new 2005 swinging arm are, the ones where the paddock stand bobbins go?

Many thanks
Old 31-May-2005, 12:04
Mille

Can't help with the actual bolt size but my standard bobbins which came with the Scorpion rear stand hooks fit perfectly. How do you like the bike? Mine's a 749s and I couldn't be happier.
Old 31-May-2005, 12:26
Mille

I'm loving the bike, its totally brilliant. After my 996 and S4R its very comfortable and easy to ride. Never really took to the 999 in red or yellow but in all black with the black frame and swinging arm it looks fabulous.

Now all I need to do is get it run in and get a proper exhaust fitted as its far too quiet in stock trim.

Oh, and the bolts are 8mm I have just found out.
Old 31-May-2005, 12:31
Mille

Same boat. Dodging the rain and getting the miles up but Termis are not available yet due to the new '05 swingarm.
Old 31-May-2005, 12:40
Mille

Already got that one sussed. Moto Rapido, where I got the bike from, have developed their own end can for the 999. Developed in conjunction with their racing boys and apparently it goes onto the 05 model without the need for re-mapping etc.

As its only the end can the performance gains are smaller but to be honest 140bhp is plenty anyway and I only want the sound. Plus an added benefit is that it fits with just small modification to the stock exhaust shroud so it looks OEM and shouldn't get too much attention from the local Constabulary.

Last benefit is that its a hell of a lot cheaper than the slip on Termi system too.

Now all I need to do is get the miles on her and get in for the first service and exhuast fitting.
Old 06-Jun-2005, 23:09

Gizmo,

I also have a '05 999....I do fancy a bit of v-twin noise but don't really fancy anything tooo loud. Have you heard the Moto Rapido end can? Loud?...and how much?
Old 07-Jun-2005, 10:28
Mille

Hi Gareth,

Not sure on the price as I got a "bundled" deal with the bike etc. I'm sure that the guys would be happy to let you know though if you gve them a call 01962 877998.

I should be getting it fitted at the first service which, if the weather holds, should be next week when I get the miles on her. If you are local then I would be happy to show you the fitted product and let you have a listen? If not then perhaps I could try and record the sound for you and send you a clip by email?

Let me know

Guy
Old 07-Jun-2005, 11:59

Thanks for the offer. I have contacted them and it is £699, with I guess fitting on top of that. I would be interested in hearing it. I live in Guildford, but could arrange to meet up, for example around Goodwood, if you are out for a ride sometime. Would be interested in your opinion when you get it !
Old 07-Jun-2005, 12:12
Mille

Gareth,

Will report as soon as it goes on for you. Happy to meet up if you want to hear / see it when its done too, and I will also try posting a .wav file if I can sort it.

£699 plus fitting eh? Not bad at all. The exhaust is beautifully made and includes the number plate bracket etc all in lovely stainless steel.