Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 12-Jan-2006, 11:08
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Ring any bells? - can YOU add to this?

Blatently copied from another forum

"It strikes me that Biker is a complex and rather subtle language that can sometimes appear misleading. I thought I'd start a phrase-book for beginners"

My front washed out on a patch of diesel. = I can't ride a motorcycle without falling off for no good reason.

This cage pulled out in front of me. = I wasn't looking where I was going.

I got flashed doing 60 in a 30. = I triggered a speed camera in a built-up area. I was travelling at about 36 mph.

I got flashed doing 36 in a 30. = I triggered a speed camera in a built-up area. I was travelling at about 60 mph. I am also a complete arse.

I just got flashed. Do you think I'll get a NIP and if I do and I don't sign it will I get away with it? = I never read VD.

The rear stepped out 6 inches. = I think my rear tyre may possibly have slid quarter of an inch and I wet myself.

I saw this R1 while I was out today and really blew him away. = I overtook someone riding a m/c today, it may have been a Yamaha; it was quite big anyway. He was riding sensibly according to the conditions, but I was riding like a complete ****. or I saw a motorbike in the distance.

My bike's got loads of mid-range grunt. = I don't know the first thing abour motorbikes but I like to sound as though I do.

I'm an AWB. = I once rode my bike when the sun wasn't shining.

I'm a racer = done a track day, nearly made it into the intermediates.

I hope to do the Dakar = did a green lane for the first time last week, it was fun.

I'm pretty quick = I'm bloody dangerous and too thick to realise it.

x, y and z bikes are rubbish = I either a) can't afford them or b) haven't ridden any of them but they aren't what I've got.

It's the sort of road where 140 is perfectly safe = well, obviously, for me that is as I'm the best thing that's ever used the road.

I don't practice e-stops = I just hit things for practice.

Training is for wimps = I can't take criticism

I was backing it in...= I panicked and stamped on the back brake.

I hoisted a minger and went past him on one wheel = my clutch control is absolutely rubbish.

It kicks you in that pants when it hits the powerband = I screwed up the fuel mapping.

I've fitted 300 quids worth of carbon bits = It's easier than staying off the pies

I fitted a slipper clutch and a thumb-brake on my road bike = I did a track day, nearly made the Intermediates.

I put xyz tyres on my road bike, they don't warm up properly = I did a track day recently.....

Bike plastics are stupidly expensive = I did a track day recently. Binned it.

I'm going to rat it = I keep falling off

I caught him on the corner & stuffed him up the inside - I dangerously and erratically squeezed passed someone causing them to adjust their line and then chase me for 5 miles with the intention of beating the **** out of me

I hoisted a minger off the lights = The front wheel briefly left the tarmac(about an inch) and I shat myself and backed right off thus getting overtaken by the cars i was trying to race off the lights

I do all the maintenance myself = I check the oil level and bring it to the dealer myself

Good runner - You have to be to start it.

Just rebuilt - With all the old parts

Got my new bike, got some crash bungs on order = expecting to fall off is cheaper, in the short term, than learning to ride competently. Oh yeah and bungs make me look 'ard

I do all my own maintenance = I challenge you to find one head on this bike that hasn't been rounded
Old 12-Jan-2006, 11:12
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
You've been talking to me for too long!
Old 12-Jan-2006, 11:14
Ducati Meccanica

Have to say i have heard quite a few of those!

[Edited on 12-1-2006 by phoenix n max]
Old 12-Jan-2006, 11:15
Ducati Corse

Mood: Bloo and Yellow.. and Red now ;)
CK...............talking...............too long.............

I thought i'd never see those words in the same sentence
Old 12-Jan-2006, 11:20
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
:P
Old 12-Jan-2006, 13:00
Cucciolo
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 848 Evo Corse

Mood: Waiting for the revolution!
pmsl