Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 13-May-2004, 08:37
Ducati Corse

Mood: www.suzukisportingclub.com the only place to be
Having had an off and seeing how the leathers actually protect you, then I wouldn't ride in anything but leathers, gloves and helmet.
Old 13-May-2004, 09:03
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 996S

Mood: Waiting for the warmer weather.
Quote "I tried to cop a squat on my helmet, missed, and lapsed in and out of consciousness a few times before an ambulance crew showed up."

Are riders not fastening thier helmets correctly or do they come off in a spill?
If this guys hands were in such a state I can't imagin how he would be able to unfasten it himself yet he says he tries to sit on it.
There was an fatal accident very local to me, on a 30 limit road, with no other vechicals involved where the guys helmet came off.
Old 13-May-2004, 10:09
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
A couple of years ago, we BHC (Beds/Herts/Cambs) region folks went on a rideout to 'OnYerBike'. We all went our separate ways from there for the journey home.

As I rode home solo I was overtaken by three bikes while I was on the brakes for a 30 degree right hander. The last of these bikes (a Kawasaki 636 ... could've been a 900) bottled the corner, stood the bike up and fired himself through the hedge. His mates didn't see him go down and cleared off, leaving me to stop and pick up the pieces.

I slammed my bike to a halt and trotted back the 50 yards to his bike, which had cartwheeled down the road and hit the kill switch. As I approached the hole in the hedge, very shakily for fear of what I might find, the first thing I saw was the guys lid...for a horrible, fleeting microsecond I thought he'd been decapitated. Fortunately for me, and even more fortunately for him, he was 20 yards away in the ditch groaning away. I still thought he was seriously injured but fortunately it turned out that he'd just thumped all the wind out of himself, hence his gasping for breath and inability to speak. 20 minutes later he was up and about, his mates had reappeared (well one of 'em) and I was able to wobble home a little shaken by events.

Still think about his lid ending up 20 yards away from where he was though. Get a good fitting lid and make sure it's fastened (we've all forgotten to fasten our lid at some stage so double check it).
Old 13-May-2004, 19:08
Jewell

well if i take my bike to college then its just trainers,jacket and no gloves.but thats through town,with a max speed of about 15mph.

but other than that,always full on leathers.

[Edited on 13-5-2004 by Jewell]
Old 13-May-2004, 20:40
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
Quote:
Originally posted by Jewell

well if i take my bike to college then its just trainers,jacket and no gloves.[Edited on 13-5-2004 by Jewell]

Why REALLY! YOUNG man!!!!!!!! Wot no trousers? You devil No wonder you got stopped
Old 16-May-2004, 09:58
Jewell

Quote:
Originally posted by psychlist
Quote:
Originally posted by Jewell

well if i take my bike to college then its just trainers,jacket and no gloves.[Edited on 13-5-2004 by Jewell]

Why REALLY! YOUNG man!!!!!!!! Wot no trousers? You devil No wonder you got stopped

Female coppers luv it.:P

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit