Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 16-May-2004, 03:01

I\'m back (woohoo!)

Right...

For various reasons (lack of funds, finishing my degree, the weather etc...) my 748SP hadn't so much as turned its crankshaft in 6 months til today... OK, "sacrilege" I hear you cry (hell, I wanted to be riding it, just couldn't) but bear with me here...

The battery was proper kettle trucked (but then I knew it would be, and it hardly held any charge last time I started the bike anyway), so I went and bought a new one today (after a nasty accident in my car last night involoving a Deer running into my car at over 60mph, my car isn't usable for a while, so I NEED the bike day to day now!)... Got home, charged the battery up, fitted it to the bike, sat on the bike, turned the ignition and...

The bloody thing only started first time! No coughs, no splutters, no hesitation (not even on 6 month old Optimax!)...

Happy as larry I was...

Now just gotta fix the speedo on it (cable broke at the end of last summer, and I never got around to fixing it cos couldn't afford to be running the bike for a while) which I'm doing tomorrow afternoon, seeing as a mate has the part I need lying in his shed as he's recently converted his road bike to track spec...

Haha!

Now I just look forward to scaring the **** outta the neighbourhood firing my beast up at 6:40am to go to work on Monday morning! It's on 105db Termi's! hehehe
Old 16-May-2004, 10:28
Big Twin

Mood: Train comes and I know its destination
Started first time after six months? Ducatis have ways of surprising you, don't they?

I'm no way an expert (thinking of changing my screen name to that), but I've read that a 748SPS that's been left too long without being run is going to throw its cam belts big time (big expense, too). I imagine an SP, or any other Duc SBK, will be no different. You ought to get expert help on this point.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit