Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 04-Jun-2004, 22:43
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Don't worry, just point out that he looks like Terry Wogan in his picture in Bike magazine and I'm sure he will keep quiet
Old 04-Jun-2004, 23:21
Big Twin

Supermarkets purchase fuel from nearest/cheapest supplier. In my case, I presume that will either be Charringtons fuels(?) or Shell at stanlow.

BP or ESSO?
As I understand it (from having worked on petrol stations at Meadowhall), the tankers which deliver the fuel to the stations may not necessarily have been supplied with their load by the respective companies, so BP tanker may contain fuel as supplied from Shell.

It's all very confusing.

300Million y'say?
seeing as there's only 60 million peeps in UK give or take a few million, and according to recent figures about half are internet savvy or connected (or was it less?), then what's the chances of getting this to work? Nice if it does.
Send two and fourpence we're going to a dance, pass it on.

Don't buy your pet's oil from the beeping eskimos state on.

Wasn't it a few years ago that Shell was in the process of being boycotted for a couple of reasons like, oh erm, south African investments? or maybe, engines running on shell burnt valves out quicker???
Old 05-Jun-2004, 00:16
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
It all comes down to a tax issue and as Gordon Brown seems to be facing an income defecit as his plans for the economy haven't gone to plan, so to speak, then he needs to raise more cash from somewhere and whats an easy target apart from fags and booze.

Transport businesses will grind to a halt and suffer more than most but i'd support a boycott even though it will cripple the business and cause me an awfull lot more pain than the average man in the street. It's gotta stop somewhere. You can argue we can pass it on to the customer and everyone is in the same boat but i think the politicians are taking the ****.
Old 05-Jun-2004, 00:26
Big Twin

Mood: Train comes and I know its destination
I'm not commenting on the politics of this issue, or its merits or importance, but this email is typical of the "chain letter" type you see a lot of on the Internet. All sorts of issues get this treatment: charities, political lobbying, hug a tree, fight pollution, all sorts of stuff. Similar types of email warn of "doomsday" computer viruses that will "do terrible things to your hard-drive". It's just hoax.
So, I won't be getting excited about masses of people taking action against the oil companies.
Sorry to be a party-pooper.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit