Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 14-May-2004, 14:25
Big Twin

I ride on high beam at night anyway. least they can't say they didn't see me.
What's that officer? It's illegal?!?Maybe that explains why I've never had a near miss at night time then.
Old 14-May-2004, 15:01
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
Quote:
Originally posted by guest1
I ride on high beam at night anyway. least they can't say they didn't see me.
What's that officer? It's illegal?!?Maybe that explains why I've never had a near miss at night time then.

So you're the git that blinds me on the way home every night
Old 14-May-2004, 15:04
Ducati Corse

He hasn't had an accident but he's seen hundreds.
Old 14-May-2004, 19:59

Mood: logged on!!!!
Hi, I belong to Kwikbitch!! This is not new and it is true! not sure about weapons though. London does tend to be abit far up to date than us up here in Nottingham. I did once point towards a car with it's lights out in Town and it swurved and headed for me!! it didn't mount the kerb but sure meant to scare me.

The second was about 3-4 years ago a scooter was going down a hill and a car pulled out infront of the two guy's on the scooter. The car drove very slowly so the scooter overtook!! mistake!! the car swurved and made them swurved and they nearly came off. They stopped at the other side of the kerb kind of shook up. The car then backed up with the guy chanting at them then accelerated and smashed into their scooter. They got thrown against some house wall and the scooter in pieces!! the driver of the red cavalier drove off laughing down the road.

Broad daylight Saturday afternoon on a hot day. Loads of people saw. It happened 100m away from St.Anns police station (manned at the time) my auntie took the lads to the station with the discription. The guy that did it lives the otherside of the chase near sycamore school i believe.

Their prefered cars tend to be Cavaliers 2.0l 16v with blacked out windows. Cheap and disposable they'll hit you for a laugh then dump the car and torch. They also switch to pool cars on the run (cars placed strategically). Why pay for a gun when they can kill in a car and it isn't classed as a deadly weapon and the chance of getting done for death by wreckless driving is small. I suppose it's also is more fun since they get to drive and play that game 2000 thing 10 points for a granny!! how cool is that!! They won't nick yer bike cus they can't change gears!!
Old 14-May-2004, 21:05
Mille

Mood: In fear of what's in store.
Received an e mail at work today about this, with a slightly more disturbing bit added on ( if you are a girlie anyhow )

The extra bit was about a woman who filled up with fuel and paid at the pump for the fuel, as she was about to leave the attendant spoke over the tannoy telling her that there was a problem with her transaction and that she must go into the shop. She tried to argue with the attendant but he insisted she went into the shop or that ' there will be trouble '

She went into the shop and was told that whilst she was paying for the fuel, a man had sneaked into the back of her car, and was hiding on the back seat.

This is seen to be another gang initiation thing, whereby the new member must kidnap / hi-jack a car and woman together !

Scary thought really.

Then the logical side of me woke up...

There is now way on this earth that anybody could sneak in the back of my car if I was paying for fuel at the pump.... you would hear your door slamming or something, surely ?????

Still, it's food for thought, and also a very good reason to make sure that you lock your car at all times !
Old 14-May-2004, 21:41
Big Twin

Mood: :devil:
SNOPES AGAIN

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit