Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 15-May-2004, 15:31
500SD

Mood: Firing on all 4 !!
Getting my 916 back later after 5 weeks !

Cant wait. Took it to billy in warrington a few weeks back for a major service and he says he will drop it off later for me.
So in 5 weeks it has had quite an extensive overhaul, inc the following
Almost a full bike strip
engine vapour blasted and center cases refinished, outers repainted in the same colour
new rockers (hey thats a shock !)
belts oils filters etc etc
Ohlins rear
Maxton showa gold forks
Uprated brakes
full strip and degrease, clean and rebuild
Endless amounts of new fasteners and bolts (i used it last winter)
New BT012's
New swingarm bearings (one side collapsed ie wheres me needles gone ?)

So my old 1995 916 should be looking far healthier than it has for many a year, last years 7500 miles and winter use had seen off all the nice bolts that were left, and turned the rest into a white rusty powder. All the plastics were good anyway, but with the rest of the bike in good shape i cant wait to see it, and if billy does a job as good as he has done all the other work then i know it will be superb.

Sadly i wanted to keep my 916 as original as poss, but i drew the line at the frame repainted, as the original gold is tricky to get right, after the end of the year i suspect it will be put to original and std, then serviced for the last time, and stored with all the rest for a few years.
I miss riding my old NC30, and while in half a mind to wheel it back out and start to use it again, i reckon it may be wiser just buy another to save wrecking the mint one. The old NC30 was great to ride, small and light (ish) but sounded superb. The TZR250R is better in many ways but a bit heavy on fuel for day to day use, and the top speed is a bit poor, but the handling and brakes make the 916 feel like an old zx10 (well pre maxton and ohlins anyway)

Do i sound excited ??

[Edited on 15-5-2004 by crm250]
Old 15-May-2004, 18:16
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
you must have....an understandiong wife...deep pockets...huge garage...and my total respect for such a colection
Old 15-May-2004, 19:21
500SD

Mood: Firing on all 4 !!
No wife, Large overdraft, full garage and hallway & why thank you. Shame the collection isnt full ok dukes eh ? Looks like the bike will arrive tommorow when he can get some different calliper bolts to fit the larger brakes.
Also looks like i have found a nice RGV250SP VJ23 import. Now where the hell am i going to put that ?

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit