Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 19-May-2004, 00:23
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
come on you 'ammers!!!
Old 19-May-2004, 00:50
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
Quote:
Originally posted by dave s
it shows how fickle footy fans are now when the macams were in the premier league they were nearly sold out every home game yet this season in the natiowide they only half fill the stadium of light!!! where have they all gone!!

For some people football is a passion and they will follow thru thick and thin. For others its entertainment...for these people (and i'll not criticise them any more than Roy Keane criticising the 'prawn sandwich brigade' of his own supporters) they want value for money, would prefer to watch good football and the likes of Man U visiting rather than Wimbledon or Walsall.

After our 2 previous seasons, being relegated in one of the worst seasons i've ever seen some people have given up because it's been dire, certainly not entertainment.

I know others who don't go as a protest against the board and the clubs policies. Also for a lot of people who are not as affluent going to watch footy is a lot more expensive than say in the 70's particularly if you're taking the kids.

The hardcore faithfull stick with it. I didn't renew my season ticket this season so could be subject to criticism, but with a 320 mile round trip to see the lads, work etc, even when i had my season ticket i didn't get to every game. Relegation meant that i knew i could get tickets no problem and still get to virtually as many games without spending as much.

The supporters that have stayed loyal are great, i know lots that travel a hell of a lot further than i do and Sunderlands away support at far flung less than glamerous games on a winters mid week night has to be seen to be appreciated.

For some peolpe their choice of biking is just an alternative to another leisure activity, or a lifestyle for others. Equally so choice of bike may be because Ducati's are trendy, for others its an awfull lot more than that.

There are some more hardcore supporters than me who may question my commitment (not many though i hope) but i've enjoyed the (few) glory years but endured an awfull lot more crap (Lawrie Mcenemy, relegation to the old Div 3 etc).

I've hitched when money was tight to places like Cardiff just to see the lads (there lies a funny story, i got a lift in a Transit full of Sunderland supporters. When the van broke down in the middle of the night i said what will you do, call the RAC? To which the reply was 'No we'll just steal another!'

Our scummy neighbours have also experienced the dark years with crowds that were a joke.

It's a sad fact of life that success does bring in the crowds and i for one would welcome them back without ****ging them off.

Please note in no way have a taken umbridge with your question where have the crowds gone and have only penned such a lenghty reply because of my passion for the lads. The peolple who like football will understand whereas people who are not interested in footy will have died of boredom by now but if you don't like football you shouldn't have read the post.

WIth that good night and happy riding folks as this is a Ducati board after allink:

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit