Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 31-May-2004, 15:10
Jewell

have done so once.....

crashed my mito after hitting a diesel spill,picked it up,still swearing and punching the tank,then dropped when moving it out of the road.
Old 31-May-2004, 16:06
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Smiley and waiting for the sunshine
Some of you guys are sooooo honest...
It's nice to see that it isn't just me that has the inevitable happen to me....
AND MR Barrett....according to this thread, that new design of crash bobbins and stabilizers you are intending to sell looks as if it could REALLY take off!:P
Old 31-May-2004, 20:03
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
A long timre ago when I had a LC250. I lived in a cottage that only had a dirt road to gain access. It was 1981 or 82 when it snowed heavy just before christmas. I could'nt get up the dirt road because of snow drifts, so I had the bright idea of running across the open field to the road. I'd seen the snow plough go past, so I know it was clear. I shot across the field, which is slightly up hill, keeping my speed up and pushing the bars from side to side trying to stay in a straight line. All of a sudden I was flying through the air. It was a lovely soft landing and when I got up to look for the bike, all I could see was the rear of the bike sticking out of the snow.

What I had'nt counted on was the fact that there is a small hollow in the field about 6 - 8 foot across and about 3 feet deep. This had been filled with snow and then levelled off with the wind.

It was a good excuse not to go to work that day.
Old 01-Jun-2004, 10:50
Big Twin

Mood: Channel Swim is now a (bad) memory not a dream
If we're confessing to simply dropping the bike as opposed to crashing it, I've got two examples, both of which I blame on my parents being shorter than I am!!!

First one I'd had the brand new 748 a week and still running it in. Found a nice little bendy road and decided to turn around and do it again, so turned onto someones driveway which was on a bit of a slope, didn't appreciate that the 748 has such limited steering movement, put it on lock, whoops, bike tips in, I go to put my foot down at zero mph and the ground just ain't there....legs too short...so I laid it on the ground, shouted FECK and picked it back up again.

Second one was at the Isle of Man in the middle of a packed Douglas prom. I was trying out someone elses leathers and they were a bit too tight and the VF750FD had a high seat and as I went to get off, my leg caught the back of the seat and the bike slowly fell on top of me. You'd think with all those people around there would be plenty offers of help to pick it up for me, but nobody could move for laughing....barstewards!

WeeJohnyB
Old 01-Jun-2004, 12:19
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Smiley and waiting for the sunshine
That second drop sounds a little like "one" of my drops...
There is a multitude!!!...LOL

m8s....Great aren't they! LOL
Old 01-Jun-2004, 12:39
Mille

Mood: .
Touch wood i haven't dropped mine as yet, but i did watch as my mate dropped his F4 after the sidestand flicked up as he was leaning it over to get off it. One of the other guys who was already off his bike grabbed the back end to help lift and found that the zorst was still a tad warm.....

Amazingly no damage to the bike as they caught it just in time.
Old 01-Jun-2004, 13:17
Big Twin

Dropped the duke once when some c*cksucker left diesel all over an entrance to a roundabout
The wind has also blown it over, leaving a very nice dent in one of the frame tubes too

Regularly dropped my old aprilia when I was 16 due to a combination of alcohol and bad weather

Then theres always the lying neutral light on my Mito - remember kids, always pull the clutch in BEFORE you thumb the start button!

[Edited on 1-6-2004 by DJ Tera]
Old 01-Jun-2004, 13:40
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
Hmmmmm!

Far far away not so many years ago (oh alright about 30!) when I was 15 and before I'd had any knowledge bashed into my brain about how to ride a bike I thought I'd be clever and get used to my SS50. So I rode it out of the garage down my dad's 20 foot long "drive", duck-paddle it round on the path, then ride back into the garage! Thought I'd be even more clever one day and rode out onto the road and tried wrenching the handlebars round to turn it without putting my feet down! Oops!
Old 01-Jun-2004, 19:13
Mille

Mood: Allways Good if up right!!!
Last summer,first track day at brands a bit nervous waiting to go out ,thought i would just check the oil level again.Not easy when the bike has a flick up stand and you need it upright and be on the other side of the bike to see the level.So thought i could see it sitting on the bike and peer down(just need to lean over a little more,a little bit more to far)Stand flicked up and i couldent hold it up so down it went DOH.in the pitt garage in front of about five other guys.Went down slowly so only marked the fairing and bar end.Wont be doing that again.

Matt:
Old 01-Jun-2004, 19:14
Mille

Mood: Allways Good if up right!!!
Last summer,first track day at brands a bit nervous waiting to go out ,thought i would just check the oil level again.Not easy when the bike has a flick up stand and you need it upright and be on the other side of the bike to see the level.So thought i could see it sitting on the bike and peer down(just need to lean over a little more,a little bit more to far)Stand flicked up and i couldent hold it up so down it went DOH.in the pitt garage in front of about five other guys.Went down slowly so only marked the fairing and bar end.Wont be doing that again.

Matt:

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit