Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 03-Jun-2004, 21:42
Big Twin

Mood: My K5 Rocks !!!!
Fighting escalating petrol prices

The missus got this e mail at work today and wanted to share it with all you peeps on here...

It is worth a try anyhow !

PETROL PRICES......

We are going to hit close to 89p a litre by the summer.

Want petrol prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent, united action.

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy petrol on a certain day"campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.....

BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work. Please read it and join in!

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP at 77p -80p, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace not sellers.

With the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if we hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their Petrol! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest oil companies (which now are one), ESSO and BP. If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Esso and BP petrol buyers. It's really simple to do!! Now, don't whimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to a; lot of people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) .. and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted!

If it goes one level further, you guessed it... .. THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again,all You have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all.(and not buy at ESSO/BP) How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!!

Please pass this message on. PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE 69p a LITRE RANGE

Action:

It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this email, and buy your petrol at Shell, Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons (75p)Jet etc. i.e. boycott BP and Esso.

For those of you that manged to bear with me ( sorry it was so long winded... it had got to be worth a try... I am keeping the original e mail if anyone wants to participate in this ( what is really a chain mail ) and give it a go, I can mail it on to you !

Cheers

Old 03-Jun-2004, 22:01
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 1098

Mood: Chilled
i'm in !!!!
Old 03-Jun-2004, 22:26
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
Well it's a good theory, but I fear the oil companies wouldn't loose anything...
Where do you think the supermarkets get their fuel?? I don't think they refine it themselves, more likely I think they buy it from them oil giants listed above.

Sorry to be a wet kipper, but I think the best action would be just to drive less.
Old 03-Jun-2004, 22:29
Big Twin

Mood: My K5 Rocks !!!!
ah, good point there... bet that bloke who did this mail hadn't thought of that ! ( I certinately hadn't )
Old 03-Jun-2004, 23:16
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
I work for myself as a contractor but the company contracting my services is BP. NBs996 is absolutely right - where do you think all those smaller service stations get their fuel's from? You guessed it!!

Sorry to burst a bubble but anyone who has been on the internet for a few years will have had ENDLESS amounts of e-mails of the same nature and I guess I'm a little cynical about these things now. Send just 5p and xxxx will not have her head cut off by oppressive regime x (sorry to use an extreme example but you get the idea).

Umm, wasn't the weather nice today ... went for a ride yesterday too
Old 04-Jun-2004, 00:27
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
don't pour petrol on this subject and fan the flames.

the government will only get more revenue in the extortinate rate of duty
Old 04-Jun-2004, 00:55
Ducati Corse

nothing personal guys!!!!!!!

but typical answers from a british population these days !
The i'm alright jack attitude.
Instead of getting together on this and adopting the TRUE Brit attitude it's to easy to do nothing!!!!!!!! but i remember my mate saying last time i'm gonna support this fuel blockade ! Then went and stashed 100 gallon of petrol in his work shop!!!!!!!!!!!

mind you them that do nothing are the ones that usualy complain most about it!!!!!!!!!

c'mon block the ports like the french do! stick to gether and win !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-Jun-2004, 00:58
Ducati Corse

ps i'm gonna be Madmax on the day of the uprising !

The fuel tanker is already on the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-Jun-2004, 00:59
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Just watch your fingers on that boomerang!!!
Old 04-Jun-2004, 01:00
Ducati Corse

tp ! pmsl

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit