Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 22-Jul-2006, 08:25
Big Twin

Mood: R1's are better than Ducatis'
Guys,

It's NOT possible to over subscribe groups.... not possible in the slightest. THere are set limits of numbers of bikes on the track, these will never be passed by the TDO.
Old 22-Jul-2006, 08:37
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
I think that FE are at the Aldi end of the market - its a volume play.

I have recently been on a couple of FE days and they were better than before, but still seem arrogant and lack the customer service and attention to detail that I want.

On FE days, I expect mis-matched groups and some questionable track moves. you pays your money.....

For me, I'd go with No limits wherever I can - their customer service (and DSC discount) puts them head and shoulders above other TDO - IMHO.

Last edited by Rattler : 22-Jul-2006 at 08:42.
Old 22-Jul-2006, 09:12
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Can i ask what it is we get in "customer service"?

As far as i go, you turn up for a t/day, have a briefing, go out in groups, and hope you or someone else doesnt spoil the day for yourself or hopefully others!

Personally i want to do this at the circuit of my choice for as cheaper price as i can get.

What else can you get? Most of the "instructors" are frustrated racers with their own free time agenda, and that goes for all the different companies ive used.......

I have also found that fe do take your complaint seriously if you put a reasoned case to them.
Old 22-Jul-2006, 11:38
Big Twin

Mood: R1's are better than Ducatis'
damn... i find myself agreeing with AndyB.

I've always found Focuseds' customer service exactly what i want it to be...

OK, if you ring up late and ask to change the date/cancel, they may say No.... but that's all in their terms and conditions.... As it the rate of £15 or whatever it is to swap person etc....

As for the complaining about a rider... sorry guys, i just don't get it... i really don't...If someone is riding like a muppet and nearly takes me out, i won't be snitching to teacher, i'll be going to have a chat with said rider myself and asking him what he's playing at. You'll often find he's either unaware of his overtake and willl apologise, or simply made a mistake(you know them, we all make mistakes don't we ?) and got it all wrong..

Simple ?
Old 22-Jul-2006, 15:23
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyb
Can i ask what it is we get in "customer service"?

As far as i go, you turn up for a t/day, have a briefing, go out in groups, and hope you or someone else doesnt spoil the day for yourself or hopefully others!

Personally i want to do this at the circuit of my choice for as cheaper price as i can get.

What else can you get? Most of the "instructors" are frustrated racers with their own free time agenda, and that goes for all the different companies ive used.......

I have also found that fe do take your complaint seriously if you put a reasoned case to them.

Customer service may be an alien concept to some, but in the lines of business where customers vote with their feet and therefore can decide whether the wages of the service provider are paid or not (unlike Public Sector), it is important to take into consideration the views of the punters and develop a business model that best meets these whilst trying to operate at a profit.

With FE and their "budget" approach, you won't get the best service and few, if any extras - it eats into profits, whereas if you pay a bit (without the DSC discount) more and go with No Limits, you'll get better attention to detail, a more professional approach and most importantly, more tracktime.

If I have the choice, I will always choose No Limits, but if dates don't tally, then I may book with FE, but if I do, I know it'll be a poorer customer experience.

Tim
Old 22-Jul-2006, 15:56
BSB Star

So......er, what is it you get more of?
Old 22-Jul-2006, 16:11
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyb
So......er, what is it you get more of?

im my experience... common courtesy
Old 22-Jul-2006, 16:36
BSB Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBs996
im my experience... common courtesy

Is that better qualified instruction.....perhaps less shtheds on the track, more track time, better tracks, cheaper prices, a better briefing???

I dont get it, courtesy?, do they call you Sir? (or my Lord?)
Old 22-Jul-2006, 18:05
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
to me andy, the curtesy and the way I'm treated as a customer is the deciding factor when i spend my cash. so yes, it's better than quality instruction etc..
Old 22-Jul-2006, 23:43
Big Twin

in my opinion and this does worry me.
track days are getting more dangerous!!!

lack of policing ( for want of a better term) of bad riding, aggressive overtaking etc. sure we all make mistakes, but im seeing more riders show no respect for the safety of others.

i think it is the responsibility of track day organisers to address this, and ive not seen many organisers get to grip with the issue, dispite complaining about a rider at a FE day he continued to ride like an ass, with as far as i could see nothing changing for the rest of us in the group.

when im booking a track day price is an important factor, so is the whole experinace and what id consider value for money, wher i think FE do excell is that they have good support in terms of tyres, suspension and other services.

what is really worth having is smaller groups, im always interested in booking trackdays that have loads of places left, pal of mine was at cadwell last tuesday with only 8 bikes in the fast group, thats VFM, i realsie the organiser probably struggled to make a proffit, but id be willing to pay more if it was better policed and smaller groups. what ever happed to the stuff they say in the breifing about not diving up the inside and keeping 6ft away. i was hit by a bike at druids 2 weeks ago who decided to dive up the inside as i cut accross, we both stayed on luckly. but i havent got a clue who he was to be able to find him in the pits for a chat later when there are 40 bikes aout there!!