Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 17-Oct-2004, 00:00
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Quote:
Originally posted by weeksy
Bradders is riding a 620 along with TP996, there's enough weight on them thank you very much

thats an old '94 600 weeksy - 45bhp I reckon if that oh, how I long for a 620......
Old 17-Oct-2004, 17:41
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
How much?????

I'd really be interested in doing this, but dunno whether to commit myself to a bike (£1000?), one piece leathers (£300 min), license & ACU test (£250?), entry fee's (£200 each!!!) PLUS transport (or can I fit the bike in the back of Alison's Yaris?) and extra life insurance to keep Alison happy!
Would it be cheaper to get an ex-raced CB500 and get more races in that series next year?
Old 18-Oct-2004, 07:11
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Quote:
Originally posted by psychlist
I'd really be interested in doing this, but dunno whether to commit myself to a bike (£1000?), one piece leathers (£300 min), license & ACU test (£250?), entry fee's (£200 each!!!) PLUS transport (or can I fit the bike in the back of Alison's Yaris?) and extra life insurance to keep Alison happy!
Would it be cheaper to get an ex-raced CB500 and get more races in that series next year?
Yup,there is no such thing as cheap racing!
As for a grand for a bike,has anyone had a look at what you get for the money?I did'nt realise how many old nails there were out there.I saw one poor M regd Monster this weekend in Italia.The mechanic that stripped it down best described it as scrap.Well I think that was what he said.Some cheapies on Ebay at the mo,buyer beware.
Old 18-Oct-2004, 07:59
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Your right Keith cheapest 600 I've seen so far is a early monster for £1400, cheapest SS (my prefered choice) so far is £1800, by the time belly pan and a few other mods are carried out it would cost as much as i'm asking for my 748 that I raced at Silverstone a week ago.
Old 18-Oct-2004, 13:04
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

What a great discussion platform this has become.

MT - I think a new forum might be necessary for Desmo Due Racing.

What a shame that a) I've only recently bought myself a very cheap Jap trackbike and b) I love idea of racing in a 'semi-controlled' environment but dont have the necessary skills yet - 2006 hopefully ???

For my 10 cents worth - I think the regs are going the right way - as 'standard' as possible while making the bikes handle well enough on the track.

Monsters v SS??? - Let em both in I say - the more the merrier but, fuel inj goes abit against the grain with me somehow - personal view.

I'll also put my hand up to be a helper in any way possible - hands on bike locally (as I'm quite used to playing with an SS now ) or in any other way paper/web wise.

Final thought - how about an endurance race at the end of the season as well 1 hour anyone !!!

Good luck all !!! - Frank
Old 18-Oct-2004, 13:42
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Damp
Quote:
Originally posted by Iconic944ss
Final thought - how about an endurance race at the end of the season as well 1 hour anyone !!!

That's inspired! Doesn't need to count towards the championship, but would be a brilliant end to the season. How about it Chris??

Ali
Old 18-Oct-2004, 15:40
Mille

Mood: Super (moto!)
Sounds interesting.
What WJB says looks to be true - to get a full grid may well mean intigrationg it within a.n.other series and that may well be the CB / Hornets.

To give you some idea of the speeds / lap times from '04 MiniTwins:

Circuit Lap Record
Brands Hatch (Indy) 0:51.83
Brands Hatch (GP) 1:39.53
Cadwell Park (Full) 1:40.08
Lydden Hill 0:44.25
Oulton Park 1:54.35
Pembrey 1:07.67
Silverstone (Club) 1:09.56
Snetterton 1:16.27

Remember this sort of racing is not without incident, I think it was at Pembrey (in June?) that the MT series had a fatality during a race incident.

Best of luck guys and gals (?).

Tim
Old 18-Oct-2004, 18:30
Ducati Corse

They were dynoing the Hornets at Donington on Sunday. A nice, fully sorted one was making 81hp at the back wheel. Sounded gorgeous as well! Need a lot of work to get an M600 up to that sort of power.
Old 18-Oct-2004, 18:32
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Quote:
Originally posted by skidlids
Your right Keith cheapest 600 I've seen so far is a early monster for £1400, cheapest SS (my prefered choice) so far is £1800, by the time belly pan and a few other mods are carried out it would cost as much as i'm asking for my 748 that I raced at Silverstone a week ago.

Hmm,Italia have a 600SS in stock.Its way too good for what you guys want it for.Its absolutely mint and up for 2600.They also have a couple of nice Monsters,but not cheap.
I reckon if you could pick up a Monster for 1400,it would cost nearly a grand to get it something like race ready.
The forks/shock and brakes need upgrading.(They were'nt that good when new!)
Upswept exhaust.(If a numpty like me can ground them on the road,they definately need to be up,out of the way for racing)
Clip-ons and steering damper.(That should calm the front end a bit)
Then there's sticky tyres,sprockets,chains etc,etc,and so on.
Old 18-Oct-2004, 20:20
500SD

Mood: DOH!
Quote:
Originally posted by vman
I`d say forget it and by a supermoto...

You would!