Ducati Sporting Club UK
General Motorcycles only
General motorcycle issues, including non-Ducati, but keep it motorcycles!

Old 06-Apr-2005, 20:03

DVLA

I have a major problem with the dvla, I applied to have a new photo card licence which I thought at the time was a brill idea, until it arrived it did not show my motorcycle cat A so I sent it back using the enclosed form thinking it’s a slight misunderstanding I received a letter back saying they have no record of my bike entitlement. So I’ve been sending letters back and forth for over 2 months but its turning into an headache. i’ve been ask to produce my licence on a few occasions to the police, so I told the dvla to contact them direct only to be told they don’t do that!! It looks like I’m in the ****. The gits even asked me to produce a test pass cert dated within the last 2 years or a licence showing my cat I passed my test over 11 years ago!! And I sent my old licence off to have the photo one……………….Any ideas?
Just a word of warning if you do the same please copy your old before you send it…………………….please help
Old 06-Apr-2005, 20:06
500SD

Mood: 2 for 1 mmm :)
oh dear that sounds like a bad 1 ! ask them to reproduce your old licence, does this have the Cat A on it?

/ian
Old 06-Apr-2005, 20:31
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: st2......we can rebuild
ive often had to send a copy of my licence to insurance brokers when taking out insurance
is it worth contacting any old insurance companies to see if they've got a copy on record somewhere
a lot of people/companies ask for a copy of your licence for identity
some where out there there is a copy of yours
hope you get it all sorted.

reverse happened to my mate
past his test on a 125cc sent his provisional licence of to have it added came back with car pass on as well.

edited
the company i work for also have a copy of mine as i drive there vehicles from time to time

[Edited on 6-4-2005 by Glyn]
Old 06-Apr-2005, 21:06

thanks for the replies,,, the old stlye licence did have it on so i have asked them to send it back to me so i can send it them back to them i was just taking the pea out of them. i have asked them to contact the police and insurance companies on my behalf but they refused point blank i wonder why
Old 06-Apr-2005, 22:25
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
When I moved house last but one at the end of 98, I got the photo licencein early Jan 1999 - that also came back without my class 1 on it
Took over 6 months & many records from insurance co's & people I had worked for to get it added back on. In the meantime, I lost a lot of jobs I could have done The ins company had to send 3 copies to DVLA before it was finally sorted (Bless you South Essex Insurance)

As daz says: photocopy it - at least 3 times, before posting it off.
There have been a few others who have had theirs left off too Daz.

Meanwhile - larf at the DVLA - my smart (Passion, 2 seater) is now reg with DVLA as a 4/5 seater saloon! Luckily, I kept a photocopy of the paperwork from the dealer I purchased it from & so far, has taken from mid Jan to get it sorted... just waiting for the 'correct' paperwork now as promised last week. The AA happily insured it for me tho

Also: anyone want a logbook for a M900/M600 or 900ss? - AK has 6 so far for the tricolour - the last is correct, but all the other 5 have differering colours/vin nos/engine nos - is it worth ebaying them?

DVLA? = Deny Vehicles Legal Authority

C
Old 06-Apr-2005, 23:22
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
do you have a company car? If so, have you had to show them your license? Have they kept a copy? Might be worth a try if you have to your HR dept...
Old 09-Apr-2005, 01:11
Mille

Oh god i wish i had seen this before i posted of my replacement licence application (Hunted high and low for my old licence and cant find the thing) . Damn the ignomy of it if i have to do my bike test again
Old 09-Apr-2005, 09:55

hello lads thanks for all the replies, i have had acompany car b4 but i now run my own car and have the money, i have contacted old companies that i have worked for to see if they have kept there records. eg photocopy off my old licence. ive sent a total of fourteen letters to the DVLA now and at the start i never thought i had but i sent a photocopy off my old one with a letter that was going back too early Feb,,, but i have complained to them now so ill wait and see what happens. Maybe i should go out and get pulled by the police ha ha then that way it would get sorted once and for all................. but there again i have started a process of taking them to court using this service https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco2/index.jsp ive used this before and its quite good