Old 03-Jul-2006, 23:32
Big Twin

Mood: Can't make me mind up
Smart Alec.
Old 04-Jul-2006, 08:48
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
MOT's for Saturday ??? And I thought I had got problems....

Touch wood, the only thing wrong with mine is that the uppermost fairing bolt and "button" (not sure what you call it but it's a bit of a posh washer innit) just disappear each time I go on a ride. First time it happened was on RTL and I just assumed that I'd forgotten to put it back or not tightened it properly after some roadside repiars.

But, I replaced it on Saturday...rode 20 miles to the meeting point and it had gone again by the time I got there. The fairing stays on fine without it so it's only cosmetic but with so many connosieurs of T8's about I did want it to look it's best.

The Patent Jools Mood Meter -Today I am:

___________^
Old 04-Jul-2006, 09:36
Ducati Corse

Mood: Bloo and Yellow.. and Red now ;)
Sorry. I don't do MOT's. There is a test station in town, but he closes 12 noon.
If you want to try and organise something, his number is 01623 757575 ask for Tim and explain what's happening. He may be able to help out? Can't promise owt tho.
Old 04-Jul-2006, 10:32
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelly
Sorry. I don't do MOT's. There is a test station in town, but he closes 12 noon.
If you want to try and organise something, his number is 01623 757575 ask for Tim and explain what's happening. He may be able to help out? Can't promise owt tho.

Thanks Nelly. It was only half a thought anyway!

There is a place near here that might do it with the termis on. Fingers crossed. Have swapped the subframe over to a biposto one so as to mount the high level pipes so it's not a ten minute job ( For me anyway ) to put the original silencers back on.

Trouble is finding time to spend on the bike at the moment what with work /kids/ renovating house etc.
Old 04-Jul-2006, 12:51
GTL
Bikes: Ducati 888, Suzuki RG500, Triumph Preunit

Mood: On the up
Best of luck with the MOTs and fixes, guys! Mine passed the MOT OK yesterday afternoon but the examiner (ex Ducati mechanic) spent so long talking with me that I missed the chance to get a tax disk. It started straight away and ticked over immediately on a completely cold engine at 1,000rpm (I don't have the 'choke' lever). It ran OK to/from the testing station, nothing fell off and there were no puddles of oil/antifreeze/hydraulic fluid afterwards so I'm well chuffed. I'm looking forward to a good blast tonight to confirm all is OK. Hopefully I got the belt tension right )

Keith
Old 04-Jul-2006, 13:20
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

I just knew I was fated NOT to be able to get down to Nelly's on Saturday - my daughters birthday party is on Sunday and I'm outta grace with bike activities already.

A few points -
Pilthy
MOT - I think is meant to be the 'nearest' practical station to you - 100 mls is pushing things a little - I'd be a bit careful riding there if you are going to do this (good on ya though !!!)

Fairing screws - dunno if the T8's are the same as the SS's but I swapped to allen bolts with Nyloc nuts on the inside - they dont come loose if the bolts are long enough (final tip is that plastic number plate nuts make nice spacers for the windshield and other delicate places).

Belt Tension:
Just done mine on my SS using this site - and he covers 4V as well
Simply superb:

http://www.buschandbusch.com/ducatis...lttension.html

Finally...Have fun - Frank....

Can someone please take a camera and get some lovely pics!
Old 04-Jul-2006, 18:16
Mille

Its my boys birthday party Saturday but the wife has grudgingly given me permission to go So there better be at least one other 851 there as ive yet to see another besides my own since i bought it .
Old 05-Jul-2006, 10:11
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

I was going to put this event in the Calendar but I think its really a bit late for that....have a Google map link to Cornerspeed instead:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl...E&ie=UTF8&om=1

Frank
DSC - WT
Old 05-Jul-2006, 17:04
Big Twin

Thanks for that....That'll save some time....MOT booked for thursday....fingers crossed. There seemed to be loads on a previous thread who said they would come. Is it worth contacting them? ( I couldn't find the thread which had the list though )
Old 05-Jul-2006, 19:55
GTL
Bikes: Ducati 888, Suzuki RG500, Triumph Preunit

Mood: On the up
Had a bit of a scare last night. Took the 888 on its shake down test last night. Started to push a bit and it was running lovely. Hit some traffic through Southwell so I was looking forward to opening it up. Felt the rear tyre twitch on the first bend out so thought I'd hit some diesel or was getting a flat. Seemed OK in a straight line so I cautiously peeled into the next bend only to have the back end slide around on me. It was only when I looked behind once that I noticed the wet line of antifreeze stretching back towards Southwell! The whole back of the bike was plastered including the tyre. At least I was near a pub to while away the time until a nice man came to take me home :-)

Checked tonight and the lower hose on the horizontal cylinder had blown right off. Looks like I have to hang my head in shame for not tightening it up properly. Not looking forward to bleeding that blasted cooling system again but I will make Cornerspeed (probably at very slow speeds given the lubricated tyre)!

Keith