Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 28-May-2004, 18:45
Big Twin

Mood: Avatar what Avatar
Carbon Air Tubes ( Help )

Ok today I took the standard air tubes off to have a good look at how to fit the carbon ones

question 1. The standard clips can't be used as you can't inside, should the clips be removed completly and is the lug/tab on the end enough to hold them in place against the rubber seal ?

2 I think I will need an under tank filtter as there is no sure way of fitting one in the tube what make should I choose ?how difficult is to take the tank off ?

3 Whats the little microswitch for under the fairing just above the battery do I need to fit it in exactly the same place ?

Greatfull for any advice
Mark
Old 28-May-2004, 19:02
Mille

Mood: suns out...happpy!!!brm brm
carefull when you take the tank off mate,make sure you undo the quick release fuel fittings before you move it hardlly at all,they break very easily,i found out at the cost of £60 for the pair!....all you need to do is slide your hand under the tank once you've released the allen bolt by the seat,feel for a metal slider switch and push it in,you should hear a click...good luck!
Old 28-May-2004, 19:24
Ducati Corse

I have a JHP filter for sale.
Old 28-May-2004, 20:10
Mille

Mood: Either bemused or indifferent
You can use the standard air tube locking clips mate. I had some trouble with them not getting any purchase on the carbon tubes. Use a dremmel and just cut a slot across the lug deep enough so the clip can catch and hey presto job's a good un!
Old 28-May-2004, 20:12
Mille

Mood: Either bemused or indifferent
Sorry forgot to mention JHP filter is a fine fit on the 996 but 998 you have to have it fitted because they have to reposition the injector shinanagans
Old 28-May-2004, 21:11
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
When removing the tank don't forget about the fuel pump connection and the rubber tubes for the fuel tank overflow that you'll need to release before the tank can come off.

Tim
Old 28-May-2004, 22:19
500SD

RR,

In answer to your questions,

1. The standard clips can be used if the carbon airtubes have the little lugs in them. You have to do up the clips by removing the tank and doing them from inside the airbox.

2. JHPs undertank filters are made by Pipercross, good stuff! The tank comes off by undoing the single bolt at the back of the tank. It's easier to get at if you take the seat unit off first. As has been mentioned above, lift the tank a minimal amount first and reach under and undo all the fuel, breather and electrical conections before you remove the tank from the bike. The front end is held in place by a locating pin on the front underside of the tank which slips into a receptical at the front of the airbox.

3. What micro switch???

Cheers, Neil.
Old 29-May-2004, 02:30

<3. What micro switch???>

Probably the anti tamper switch for the alarm.
Old 29-May-2004, 15:39
Big Twin

Mood: Avatar what Avatar
Thanks guys most helpful
Mark
Jasper I will u2u.
Old 29-May-2004, 22:05
BSB Star
Bikes: 998s, Jota, KTM 690 Duke

Mood: My Jota goes rumpety rump! & I have my wife exactly where she wants me!
Road runner

I fitted D.P C/F tubes to my 998s and also JHP undertank filter system. Tank is easy to remove as described by the manual, ie remove rear tank biolt and carefully lift tank just enought o get your hand under, be careful not to chip it on the stearing damper. Push the metal tabs on the petrol pipes in till they clip and they will then split the unions apart, next split the cabling under the tank by carfully seperating the plug and socket. and of course the petrol beather pipe. Once this has been don you can slide the tank backwards and remove, place on a soft cloth to prevent any damage.

The JHP filter system comes with all necessart pictures and words etc. Dependong on the type of petrol pipe on your bike, you mat have to reverse the injectors, quite simple really but once done the original electrical conectors must be conected to the appropriate injector, ie the original from cylinder electricl connector must be refitted to the rear injector which you have now fitted to the front cylinder.phew!.

I have attached a couple of pictured from when i did mine.