Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 16-Jan-2009, 21:31
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: stiff and tired
why DD?

A question for you all..

why do you race in DD? is it that it's cheap, that it's on Ducatis, that it's friendly , a safe way to start racing or another reason?

For me the main reason was it was an easy way to get into racing due to being able to rent off Chas and it was on a Ducati.

The added bonus of it being reasonably priced and a load of my mates doing helped as well.

I hear so many comments about keeping the racing cheap and tbh whilst it is cheaper than many series in general this is mainly due to tyres. But the factor of expense is all down to the individual not the rules or what other people are doing. Only YOU chose what races to enter, what modification to do (within the rules of course) and how often to replace consumables or get fancy work done.
Old 16-Jan-2009, 21:39
500SD

2008 wasn't very expensive for me, but i have always used part worns (thanks to you and Jon ) and did all the repairs myself.
I'm surprised the bike took the abuse etc. But i only had one dns due to a dodgy wiring connector.
And i'm pretty good with the fibre glass repair kit now

The paddock is great and i have made lot's of friends due to racing in
desmodue
Old 16-Jan-2009, 21:54
500SD

Mood: ready to race
I started racing in dd because skids convinsed me to i was scared to death only done a few track days and im no spring chicken . the first race was hairy but once them lights go out the adrenalin flows its awsome ,ive never regreted it its been four great years ive meet some great people and made some good friends. i love the racing and seing every body exchanging banter with other riders on and of the track , makes it a great weekend not cheep by any streech of the imagination but very enjoyible. dont think there is such a thing as cheep racing but compared to some other classes ive spoken to ours is .i started at the back and slowley over the four years ive progresed into the top five and even picked up some trophys last year still looking for the first place one , dont think its going to come but im sure going to keep trying .

can we race yet
Old 16-Jan-2009, 21:55
500SD

much like other areas of my life, i met a couple of dodgy characters on a night out in a pub and ended up getting talked into all sorts of exciting shenanigans ( i got talking to Lin and Zimbo one night, then met them again a couple of months later when everything fell apart and they scraped me up off the floor with the promise of excitement and racing nirvana)

for me, it was mostly because it was cheap (as you say, mainly down to the tyres and also just one day's racing, although that soon turned to 2 when i started enjoying myself more!) and because it seemed to be aimed at people like me, i.e. wanting to move on from trackdays but never likely to be bothering Rossi.

i've met most of my best mates and 90% of my christmas card list through DD.

feel the love
Old 16-Jan-2009, 22:16
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Wet wet wet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily
A question for you all..

why do you race in DD?

Good question.

DD... the Final Frontier. These are the voyages of the Supersport. Its five-year mission: to explore strange new gravel traps, to seek out new parts and new message boards, to boldly go where no Ducati has gone before.

Or something

Paul

15th year in DD #68 and getting slower by the year

1199, SS800 & 620SSie DD racer
Old 16-Jan-2009, 22:32
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: What a wonderful world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna3
can we race yet

2009 is going to be a good one I tell you

Looking forward to get out there too
Old 16-Jan-2009, 23:29
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
The big boys made me do it, then they ran away.

I'd rather die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather,
than screaming in terror like his passengers.- Jim Harkins

Ducati 748S | Ducati Hypermotard 1100S | Ducati Panigale V4 SP #876 | 600-620SS DesmoDue Racebike #111 <-- Sold!!
Old 16-Jan-2009, 23:40
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Because in Oct 2004 I said I would enter the series if they were falling short of the 25 Entrants required to get the series off the ground, come Dec 2004 I was getting u2u's asking if I would send a form in as the club was still short of the 25 required.

The plan for 2005 had been to go racing in Formula 400, but the race bike had got totaled at the TT (see attached pic) and the Spare ZXR400 would have needed a couple of £k to bring it up to the spec that the race bike had been in.

So i decided to boost the numbers put my £200 down and go buy a ratty 600SS
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name:	@Ditched.JPG Views:	218 Size:	110.4 KB ID:	10140  

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 16-Jan-2009, 23:58
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
coz my mates do!! never really fancied it, wont say its been a life long ambition, and til I met Skids never went to anything other than a BSB or WSB round

do I want to do it again? yes - because I let myself down so poorly, didnt follow it thru and didnt do my best....will I? only if the wife doesnt know
Old 17-Jan-2009, 01:19
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Well I was the first ever entry in DD. I decided to do it because I'm a competitive sod, after years of rugby/basketball/tennis at a high level and a track day I thought I could go ok.

DD gave me my start and for that I'm very thankful. I'm thankful for the support I've had and the opprotunity DD gave me but it's time for me to move on and do something else. This year will be no racing due to finances but 2010 will be an all out assault on the championship I choose. Bring it!