Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 18-Jul-2005, 09:43
Montjuic

Dealership Experiences

I'm just wondering what the general level of courtesy people recieve from their Ducati dealership is, things like how often and how long does your bike need to be in the workshop before courtesy bike is offered, does the dealer collect and/or drop off your machine to make your life easier??

Mentioning no dealer in particular, I'm just a bit disappointed in the level of service fom mine on 2 occasions now and need to understand if it's my expectations that are too high or the service i recieve not up to scratch.

Cheers,
Stu.
Old 18-Jul-2005, 10:25
Ducati Corse

They're all different Stuart - just like most independent businesses. If you're not happy with the service in any way let the store know and ask them to respond - sometimes they don't know they've not met a customers expectations.
Old 18-Jul-2005, 11:01
Big Twin

Mood: Proud to own a Ducati :0)
Stuart,

From your location I guess I know which dealer you're talking about. They don't have courtesy bikes, and never have. I'm not even sure if they have demo bikes any more as they had several dropped which knackered their insurance.

They have a van I've seen knocking about, but I don't know if they can collect/drop off your bike as I've never asked.

Personally, I've always got on very well with them.
Old 18-Jul-2005, 12:37
Montjuic

I realise everyone's different and thanks for the comments, I was wondering is Ducati UK had any minimum standards that they expect of their dealerships?

I expect courtesy bikes and to not have to chase the progress of warranty work. Is that unrealistic???

How you cannot have a courtesy bikes is unbelievable, what if it was my only form of transport, which was the case until recently. I didn't get a call to even say my bike was fixed, despite them saying otherwise. I have to give them the benefit of the doubt again.I will certainly be having a chat about this when I collect my bike.

I think my main gripe is that I have been paying for a bike that i have been unable to ride in the sunniest 2 weeks of the year.
Old 18-Jul-2005, 13:50
Big Twin

Count yourself lucky that it's only two weeks. I've been off the road 5 months

Courtesy bikes are down to the individual dealer, and if they don't offer them then that's down to them. If you want a courtesy bike, I guess you've got to check with the dealer first that they have them before booking your bike in.
Old 18-Jul-2005, 13:56
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Quote:
Originally posted by Twinfan

Always????

.....Now where is that thread?
Old 18-Jul-2005, 14:22
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
Quote:
Originally posted by stuart hill
II expect courtesy bikes and to not have to chase the progress of warranty work. Is that unrealistic???

you wouldnt have thought so, but the lack of customer service from many dealers leave a huge amount to be desired.
Old 18-Jul-2005, 15:01
Big Twin

Good customer service with ANYTHING these days is the exception rather than the rule. Ducati dealers are no different I guess.

Quote:
Originally posted by JPM
Quote:
Originally posted by Twinfan

Always????

.....Now where is that thread?

I'll admit I did get disgruntled recently, but that wasn't DM's fault. I was sick of waiting for a response from Ducati re. my bike!!!
Old 18-Jul-2005, 21:04
Big Twin

Mood: High as a kite!
WM Snells in Hampshire have always gone that extra half yard with me,no matter how awkward or annoying the request.
As for courtesy bikes,i think it's unrealistic to expect a small volume dealer to be able to provide this sort of service.Imagine the insurance costs alone.
I think it comes down to your expectations,mine are fairly low,i just want a dealer who will listen to what i have to say without treating me like an idiot.I accept that sometimes parts can be awkward to get hold off.Ducati are not alone in this,i have had problems getting basic parts for my last two vans,a VW transporter (ace) and a Mercedes vito (CRAP).I
I hope you manage to find a dealer who meets your expectations,it is a shame that this will tarnish your ducati experience

[Edited on 19-7-2005 by swannymere]
Old 18-Jul-2005, 22:13
DSC Club Member
Ducati Corse

Mood: I feel the need, the need for speed.
Second that, Snells are very good, I have had a couresty bike on my last two services.