Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 27-Mar-2005, 22:46
Big Twin

Mood: I own a flame thrower
The solicitor has picked up on the fact that the copper made 4 errors completing the document producer .... in the words of my solicitor "if he makes 4 fundemantal errors completing a simple form he's completed 1000's of times it may show that he made errors in the whole process"

Legal advice has been to "admit to maximum 90mph and argue that the speeds quoted are not possible in the distance covered etc etc"

"accept 3 points and fixed fine"
Old 27-Mar-2005, 22:56
Big Twin

How could he have made so many mistakes on the HORT1?

The best result would be the case thrown out, but its unlikely, if you get the chance to take the points and fine, do it, otherwise its a guaranteed ban.

Like Alan said, it might be worth your while to do some work yourself to try to disprove the accuracy of the allegation, perhaps in his choice of the fixed points, and discredit the method used in the stop.
Old 27-Mar-2005, 23:53
Big Twin

Mistakes on HORT1 was date, reg number, need for MOT and he did not ask me to select my "ethnic group", he completed that part for me.

The whole stop lasted for 5 mins max. Policeman kept saying he was on a shout and did not have time to deal with me.

I have taken note of all distances on the road etc and will calculate the time and speeds invloved with my solicitor.

I was hoping for some news of other cases were the Police Pilot had been discredited.
Old 28-Mar-2005, 20:26
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Quote:
Originally posted by Carbon749
The solicitor has picked up on the fact that the copper made 4 errors completing the document producer .... in the words of my solicitor "if he makes 4 fundemantal errors completing a simple form he's completed 1000's of times it may show that he made errors in the whole process"

Legal advice has been to "admit to maximum 90mph and argue that the speeds quoted are not possible in the distance covered etc etc"

"accept 3 points and fixed fine"

Legal advisors..........harrkkk spttt! How much is that costing you?
Old 28-Mar-2005, 20:31
Big Twin

If we could deal with it via the post and a letter or two £50 .... representation in court around £400.

Being honest, if he can get me 3 points rather than a ban it's worth every penny.
Old 28-Mar-2005, 20:36
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Quote:
Originally posted by Carbon749
Mistakes on HORT1 was date, reg number, need for MOT and he did not ask me to select my "ethnic group", he completed that part for me.

The whole stop lasted for 5 mins max. Policeman kept saying he was on a shout and did not have time to deal with me.

I have taken note of all distances on the road etc and will calculate the time and speeds invloved with my solicitor.

I was hoping for some news of other cases were the Police Pilot had been discredited.

You could of denied even being there then?
Old 28-Mar-2005, 20:38
Big Twin

Summons came through with all the right details on