Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 23-Mar-2005, 21:57
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 996S

Mood: Waiting for the warmer weather.
Nice machine. I'd watch out for that snake lurking on the RHS of the picture.
Where abouts in Essex are you?
Old 23-Mar-2005, 22:03
Montjuic

Mood: Lascivious
Had my first real ride on her today. Incredible. Running in at 105mph! Involuntary wheelie out of a roundabout! I've got to admit that I've still got inch-wide chicken strips cos I'm taking no chances until we've had a good downpour to wash this slimey road salt away (JPM - I'm sure your mishap was down to cold tyres and this stuff they've been putting on the roads).

The PDI was a bit of a joke, but it would've been nice if the dealers had been a bit more up front. When I phoned the sales manager about the indicators he said that they'd definitely been working before they put it on the van. The mechanic had done the PDI and then the sales manager had checked what the mechanic had done. He reckoned that the bullet connectors must've vibrated loose. A little hard to believe, as I'd only done 4 miles at that point. When I checked, not only had they 'vibrated loose', but the male ends (on both indicators) had coiled themselves up neatly and tucked themselves into the mirror stems, and the female ends were coiled up behind the tacho. Almost like they'd never been connected.worst case of 'vibrating loose' I've ever seen. Give the dealers their due; they did phone up 3 days later to see if I'd got it sorted - they were very apologetic when I told them what'd happened.

The hugger thing was naughty and they shouldn't have let it out like that. I've had to source some longer bolts and some nylon spacers. It only had about 1mm clearance on the chain side!

The toolkit's gone the same way as Henry's. It's still attached to the velcro, but the sticky-backed velcro won't stay attached to the fairing. It won't be coming out with me in future - I'll rely on a mobile and the RAC.

Still gotta sort out a higher screen and do something about that hideous number plate/light/reflector unit.

It's gonna be a great summer.
Old 23-Mar-2005, 22:09
Montjuic

Pond?? That's the trout lake.

It was either the car in the background, or the pond/trout lake - the pond/trout lake is cleaner!
Old 23-Mar-2005, 22:10
Big Twin

I got a Casoli "double bubble" screen which they do in clear, tinted and now black. Being quite tall I don;t ever get down behind the screen and I found the view of all the lights was cut off by the top of the std screen. I suppose the screen does deflect ait towards my head rather then my chest, but I've always been used to that. On track at Cadwell tomorrow with std screen on a race fairing so it'll be interesting to ride with std screen again for comparison.

They also to the number plate "relocator", which is about £40. There may well be cheaper places for screens, but I find Casoli convenient.

Henry
Old 23-Mar-2005, 22:16
Mille

You will love it i have just completed the first 700 miles on mine so looking forward to give it some gas once the 1st service has been completed this week i hope!
Are you running with the pilot Race as they are very slippy until warm and had a few rear end slides, i changed mine to Pilot Powers what a difference really inspires confidence.
Enjoy it
Old 23-Mar-2005, 22:18
Montjuic

I'll have to see the screens in the flesh. Some of the double bubble's around have a really pronounced bubble - I don't want something that's gonna spoil the lines. A friend of mine's got a hideous thing on his ZX6R.

Didn't know Casoli do a number plate relocator - I'll check it out.
Old 23-Mar-2005, 22:21
Big Twin

Mood: renegade sexy racer
Do you do day tickets

Bike looks lovely but you got to do somthing with the clutch cover, looks like a tupperwear bowl
go and get some bling in the mornin
Old 23-Mar-2005, 22:25
Big Twin

Pics of 749 with Casoli screen

http://82.70.86.166/handk/bikes/index_749s.php

The new fairing is wider now though at the screen. Mine is the 03 model.

[Edited on 23-3-2005 by HW]
Old 23-Mar-2005, 22:26
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Hmmmm the falling off I can live with, it's the electrical fault and non running engine at less than 200 miles which kind of chokes me a tad!