Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 21-Oct-2005, 12:39
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
I got threatened by a Nobhead biker last night!

was minding my own business returning home from a meal out with the girls.
Got to a local roundabout (less than a mile from home) pulled across (like a huge x roads really, but with grass in the middle) and to my horror I suddenly saw sparks fly, as a bike shot past the rear of the car ON ITS SIDE!

Now, at no point did I see said bike approaching in this 30 mph limit.

I kept the car moving & pulled over on the exit road I was going to take, and ran to the aid of the biker, who was just picking himself up.

Blimey - he launched into me by telling me it was all my fault for pulling out on him was quite nasty.
Meanwhile, the car that was on my tail at the junction had also stopped - 10 feet onto the roundabout - as the bike had shot between our cars

Blokey from the car behind has got out & is on his phone....

After about 2 mins, 2 police cars pull up. While they were on the their way, blokey from the car & I try to help the biker up with his blade - prob rideable, but rather scuffed.

Bikerman in his late 30's then stops being agressive - and tries to leg it!!!

Turns out - he had no insurance, tax, was banned from driving last year for 10 years - and none of the lights on the bike were working!

Double luck for me - as not only did he narrowly miss my car, but the 'blokey' in the car behind me was a CID just going about his business.
So - have a reliable 1st hand witness, that I was not contributory in any way! he even confirmed that at no point in the last 2 miles that he had been following me, that I had been driving at the speed limits and no more (bloody lucky, as I am usually hurtling down one of the previous roads)

The police had been doing their 'bits' and now think that the biker was well in excess of double the speed limit
(quite possible, as it used to be a 50 up until 15 years ago)

Just had plod into work taking my statement......

Hope not to hear anymore- but a scarey end to a good evening - drinking coke & then coffee I will add.

**edited title as requested**

[Edited on 21-10-2005 by CK and AK]
Old 21-Oct-2005, 12:45
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Holy Crap!
Old 21-Oct-2005, 12:46
Big Twin

Mood: :-)
Glad you're ok Charlotte.......
Old 21-Oct-2005, 12:52
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

I was fine, just so glad that I HADNT squashed him - and that it really wasnt my fault!

am now just bloody cross, cos could have all been much worse! pah, riding a blade eh?

its the 'non-legal' bit I'm steaming about
Old 21-Oct-2005, 12:55
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
bloody women drivers
Old 21-Oct-2005, 13:04
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
As a bike rider, one of my biggest concerns when I'm in my car is that I never, ever pull out in front of a biker, so I know where you're coming from

Unfortunately there are lots of nobbers about and they're not all young and don't all drive chavved up cars. Some of 'em are nobbers on bikes, and in your case seems like a serial nobber who will be a nobber until the end of his days.

I had an experience, which the biker fortunately avoided, where I used to have to pull out onto a roundabout on my way home from work. The road to my right, which I obviously had to give way to, had a blind crest just 50 yards back from the roundabout so traffic coming to the roundabout was approaching it blind and I could never tell what was appraoching until it appeared over the crest. But, you only have to give way to traffic that's on the roundabout right? Not stuff that's 50 yards away from the roundabout entrance. Even there was always a bit of apprehension in launching yourself onto this roundabout (especially in an automatic) in case something was approaching fast.

One day, the worst nightmare happened, just as I trod on the gas to get onto the roundabout a Fireblade appeared over the crest as if it was doing the mountain at Cadwell, front wheel three feet in the air and going for it. Matey, dropped the front wheel, saw the roundabout and started braking like a demon as I'm now about halfway across the line he needs to take. So, he's approaching the 'give way' markers, still about 10 yards from his entrance to the roundabout with his rear tyre going all snakey and I'm stuck halfway across his line with my foot mashed onto the accelerator thinking 'fer chrissake's accelerate you heap of tin' while the auto box is thinking 'alright, alright, I'll kick down in a minute'.

As it happens, matey on the 'blade just manages to scoot round behind me, but of course I get the V's because it's all my fault? Nobbers will be nobbers whatever.
Old 21-Oct-2005, 13:06
888 at Last !!!

As long as you ok Charlotte. I would have a stiff drink to calm you down a bit.

Clint.
Old 21-Oct-2005, 13:08
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
Lucky he didn't hit you C, just think of the hassle claiming off his non existant insurance!

flippin' blade riders, should be strung up!
Old 21-Oct-2005, 13:08
Big Twin

Glad you're OK Charlotte. Don't think about what MIGHT have happened but learn from it.

Can you rename the post to
"I got threatened by a NobHead who happened to be riding a bike", I think biker is not exactly what this guy is.
Old 21-Oct-2005, 13:09
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

cheers Clint, I think I'll stick to riding bikes - and not driving beep-beep!

Jools - am so 'bike aware' like most riders are, it just makes me cringe to think how it could have been.....

Dickie!:P - take you on in 4 wheels any day!:P

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit