Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 23-Oct-2005, 16:49
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
quote,"I've never seen anyone reported in our local papers being fined anywhere near the above figure for failing to have insurance".

On this i can help you. As a team of 10, i recon we issue around 120 efpn for no ins every month. On the spot fines £200 and 6 points. We can also take the car from them, and have it crushed, or give 14 days to poroduce insurance, pay the recovery fee and storage, before getting it back.

You are right with the younger kids when you say they might as well take a gamble with not getting stopped. if they do the £200 fine is easily 1/5 of a premium. That said with in the first two years you only need to be stopped once 6 points= no licence!
Old 23-Oct-2005, 17:13
Big Twin

Mood: Can't make me mind up
And then we have the problem of them driving round with no licence, because as we both know, this is what they will then do.

Which is where CK started the post!
Old 23-Oct-2005, 17:22
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Yeah no licence.kind of the up and coming offender, But of course do it twice with No ins and your potentially banned.

Disqualified..... well they just get arrested! Incidentally there are some figures, i havnt got them at the moment, where a link is made to the fact that people commiting No licence/ insurance, Disq driving etc, tend to have previous history of criminal activity.

So deny criminals the use of the road, and in theory you frustrate their criminal activity!
Old 23-Oct-2005, 17:30
Big Twin

Mood: Can't make me mind up
Perhaps that's why North Wales has one of the lowest crime rates
Old 23-Oct-2005, 17:56
Mille

Quote:
Originally posted by andyb
So deny criminals the use of the road, and in theory you frustrate their criminal activity!

I think North Yorkshire Police ran an operation along these lines not to long a go , Basically traffic police where pulling suspect vehicles heading into the Harrogate area , Iirc there was quite a decrease in burgalry,s etc at the time of the operation .

Paul

Oh and CK glad your all right
Old 23-Oct-2005, 20:04
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Been digging through a mate of a mate this w/end for more info:

This man has ONLY been on the road legally for 3 months, since he was 17

He is 38.

The list reads in a horrendous fashion:

Driving without a licence... not taken a test for M'C's
Drunken driving, also whilst banned - 4 times
Driving with no insurance (because he was banned from driving!)
GBH
ABH
Class A drugs

Latchmere/Pentonville/Lewes/Brixton... etc, etc....

want me to carry on.......?

Bike mad - think before you type mate

he was riding whilst disqualified, with a non roadworthy bike (including NO lights displayed - it was 10pm) , with no insurance...

I wish I had run the bugger over (properly) , as it would have done the local community a favour, particularly as I have also found he lives 3 miles from us!

As far as I am concerned, the matter is now closed FINITO on here - and I hope I dont ever meet such a ******** again!

[Edited on 23-10-2005 by CK and AK]
Old 23-Oct-2005, 22:06
500SD

Mood: UKGS'ers Non PC and Vibrant
CK no you would'nt
Quote:
I wish I had run the bugger over (properly) , as it would have done the local community a favour, particularly as I have also found he lives 3 miles from us!
8 years ago my wife was hit by another car trying to slip through a non existing gap the other driver went into road rage mode and the police where called after calming down and giving insurance details all seemed ok
about a week later he turned up with a mate demanding money for repairs and when told to go through his insurance his mate decided to try and get in, heavy oak door slammed on his arm and the the arrival of the police they legged it.
turns out his mate was on bail for GBH and they lived just down the road so watch your back it seems easy for criminals to get hold of your address.
ian

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit