Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 24-May-2006, 15:15
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by couchcommando
I do have yet another question, if the instruction and CSS way is proved to work and will make me faster why aren't all the instructors who have done all the courses and know all the theories winning at the top level ?

As we know the instructors aren't all winning championships so why not ? They have done all the courses and know all the theory inside out, we are being told css will make us faster and all we need to do is practice so I'm struggling to understand why the css guys aren't the quickest of the lot ?

Genuine question altho it may not have come across as I want it too

Because you're making the HUGEST assumption of all - that every student can APPLY the theory the same way.

At the end of the day, all the knowledge in the world won't change your comfort zone etc. It's still down to how the individual applies the knowledge.

When you were sitting in Maths class at school with all your other students - did you all get the same marks on your exam?
Old 24-May-2006, 15:16
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally posted by domski
Quote:
Originally posted by TP
Dom, my understanding is that Andy started working with Thomas either at the end of his 2004 season (25th) or the start of 05 (1st) - I think those results speak for themselves.

I'm sure Andy helped a bit, but it's clear to see that Luthi was balistically fast BEFORE Andy came along, and is not super fast BECAUSE Andy came along.

You can't polish a turd...

We all start from different points, we all have differing goals but importantly - Andy improved Luthi's results, and I'm sure he could improve yours and you're a turd!

Old 24-May-2006, 15:18
Big Twin

Mood: R1's are better than Ducatis'
Quote:
Originally posted by TP
Quote:
I do have yet another question, if the instruction and CSS way is proved to work and will make me faster why aren't all the instructors who have done all the courses and know all the theories winning at the top level ?

As we know the instructors aren't all winning championships so why not ? They have done all the courses and know all the theory inside out, we are being told css will make us faster and all we need to do is practice so I'm struggling to understand why the css guys aren't the quickest of the lot ?

Because you're making the HUGEST assumption of all - that every student can APPLY the theory the same way.

At the end of the day, all the knowledge in the world won't change your comfort zone etc. It's still down to how the individual applies the knowledge.

When you were sitting in Maths class at school with all your other students - did you all get the same marks on your exam?

So basically, if the student fails in the 'application' they won't actually be any quicker/better ?

hmmmm
Old 24-May-2006, 15:20
Big Twin

Mood: Ducati-less!
I think you need to go into it with an open mind, try and start from scratch like they're trying to teach you. If you go there thinking 'I've done this for years, my way's fine' and don't try anything new, then you'll never get anything from it.
Old 24-May-2006, 15:22
MotoGP God

Quote:
Originally posted by weeksy2
Quote:
Originally posted by TP
Quote:

So basically, if the student fails in the 'application' they won't actually be any quicker/better ?

hmmmm

I'm sure you can shovel a few more words into my mouth for me while you're at it Steve!

No - if the student is struggling with the application then they are coached on track whilst they are actually doing it. That's why each student is allocated a riding coach for on track coaching as well as having Andy in the classroom.

There's classroom based tuition and on track tuition, don't you love how the school covers all these aspects of learning

Every coach bar none is there with the goal of seeing their students improve, if the student is struggling they'll get help - it's that simple.
Old 24-May-2006, 15:24
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by TP
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by TP
Dom, my understanding is that Andy started working with Thomas either at the end of his 2004 season (25th) or the start of 05 (1st) - I think those results speak for themselves.

I'm sure Andy helped a bit, but it's clear to see that Luthi was balistically fast BEFORE Andy came along, and is not super fast BECAUSE Andy came along.

You can't polish a turd...

We all start from different points, we all have differing goals but importantly - Andy improved Luthi's results, and I'm sure he could improve yours and you're a turd!

But Luthi was already a GP podium finisher.

Everyone associated with CSS make out like he was some club racer and Andy Ibbot turned him in to a GP Champion.

You're being misleading.

How many true (normal people) CSS customers has Andy taken from club racing to GP's? Not doubting Andy one bit - just trying to bring a bit of reality to this thread. CSS did NOT turn a 25th placed rider into a World Champion.

I don't suppose the fact he was on a factory Honda, been in GP's 4 years, was bloody silly fast anyway AND the fact Kalio couldn't help but fall off - had nothing to do with it?
Old 24-May-2006, 15:24
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: ooooh
Quote:
Originally posted by TP
Quote:

No I always came top

So say the student has had all thw knowledge and is carrying it out as per the book but can't go quicker what next ?

I do want to know as I have my comfort zone and I would like to know how css would help me go quicker without going outside this zone
Old 24-May-2006, 15:27
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: ooooh
Should they offer money back if you don't go quicker ?
Old 24-May-2006, 15:27
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
Quote:

Everyone associated with CSS make out like he was some club racer and Andy Ibbot turned him in to a GP Champion.

You're being misleading.

How many true (normal people) CSS customers has Andy taken from club racing to GP's? Not doubting Andy one bit - just trying to bring a bit of reality to this thread. CSS did NOT turn a 25th placed rider into a World Champion.

I don't suppose the fact he was on a factory Honda, been in GP's 4 years, was bloody silly fast anyway AND the fact Kalio couldn't help but fall off - had nothing to do with it?

But didn't you post timesheets showing that you were quicker than Toseland (World Superbike Champion) and yet you've ... not ... won ... much ...
Old 24-May-2006, 15:28
MotoGP God

Quote:
Should they offer money back if you don't go quicker ?

Ring Andy and find out! You might be surprised at the answer you get.