Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.
View Poll Results: Preferred option for 3-race/2-day race meetings:
1) 1st race is non-championship, all 3 grids from Qualifying. 3 14.29%
All 3 races are Championship, all 3 grids from Qualifying (and drop 3 worst results). 8 38.10%
1st Race is a Qualifying race to determine grids from finishing position. 2 9.52%
1st Race is a Qualifying race to determine grids from best lap. 8 38.10%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30-Apr-2011, 00:09
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 1098R Bayliss Rep

Mood: Find people who share your values, and you'll conquer the world together.
I would have said practice sat then a point race and second point race on sunday, gives time for bikes to cool down and any repairs to be made if there are fallers in sat race, but what do i know i just go to have fun and do what i can.
Old 30-Apr-2011, 00:11
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 996 1 & only Class C DD Champion and KTM LC8 950 SMR

Mood: It's not big, Its not funny, It's necessary
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradders
you're not doing Friday, lightweight

Lol, I am

Craig
Old 30-Apr-2011, 05:29
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
WHINGE WHINGE WHINGE WHINGE WHINGE

There was only ever going to be one race on Sunday, so you would HAVE to do Saturday for quallifying and at least one championship race,
A lot of YOU whinged about having race one as a quallifier, while others whinged about having 3 long races that would stress their engines

The rules at the start of the season say there are two point scoring races per round,

To Me Anglesey is a long way to go for just one day so to have a extra practice and an extra race for a extra £35 makes the trip more worthwhile

Sometimes I wonder why I bother

Hey Kev, I never whinge.
I just express my opinion based on the fact I may not know what I am talking about.
Old 30-Apr-2011, 09:51
Big Twin
Bikes: 959

Kev, you have a thankless task. Someone would complain either way (my vote proved that). However, I'm not sure many would moan about 3 championship races.

However, looking at what is proposed.... last year when we had a non-champ race on Sat a lot of people sat it out, even though it was good practice for the race. Often the grids were only half full... So when it is non-championship, too late for extra practice for the race, and so far from home, I can see a lot of people going home. Just the way it is.
Old 30-Apr-2011, 14:10
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: Ducati 1098R Bayliss Rep

Mood: Find people who share your values, and you'll conquer the world together.
I agree its a difficult job for Kev and i dont envy him, i am now however trying to see if i can get out of my pre booked pre paid for Saturday night accomadation and not loose any money, as i cant see any point in me staying over untill sunday to do what would basicaly be a one session trackday.

A better solution would be as i mentioned before Practice over race distance, Qualy, point race Saturday and second point race Sunday with same grid position.
Old 30-Apr-2011, 16:20
Big Twin
Bikes: 959

To be fair Kev, you should consider it a job well done that this is the only thing we are "discussing".
Old 30-Apr-2011, 16:47
500SD
Bikes: Class A 620ssie #71 - 853 R/RS Dry - 748sp Wet

Mood: Green with envy
Don't forget this is Anglesey being discussed. By Saturday eve all the gazebos will have blown down and the rain will have flooded the paddock..............Sheep will be wandering round chewing on race scrubs and with a wry grin on their face as the stupid englishmen figure out why the welsh even inhabit the island. I love anglesey and will ride sunday whatever.
Old 30-Apr-2011, 16:55
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranker V2
Don't forget this is Anglesey being discussed. By Saturday eve all the gazebos will have blown down and the rain will have flooded the paddock..............Sheep will be wandering round chewing on race scrubs and with a wry grin on their face as the stupid englishmen figure out why the welsh even inhabit the island. I love anglesey and will ride sunday whatever.

and if that front lot clear off, the rest of us mid-pack may have a chance of a pot
Old 30-Apr-2011, 17:19
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620

Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradders
and if that front lot clear off, the rest of us mid-pack may have a chance of a pot

PMSL
Old 30-Apr-2011, 19:13
DSC Club Member
500SD
Bikes: Badger DD A #50, Multistrada 1200s, Aprilia Tuono 1100rr

Mood: More chilled than a polar bear's d**k
FFS, it's not really much different than previous years, just the days swapped over.

Those who didn't want to do both turned up Saturday and only raced Sunday, this year it's vice versa and like Craig said we can have a good craic Saturday and those southern lightweights who can't handle it can stay in bed and listen to the real boys race if they've not already ran away back to mummy!

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog.
Scott #50