Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 17-Jun-2006, 21:51
Big Twin

Mood: Hmmm Conference season
I wouldnt say sat is a Suprise, Probably an error on New eras part, Either that or they are feeling guilty for effing us about, and have decided to repay us by way of allowing us to pay them another £110.
Seems fair to me, But either way I will not be there on saturday as i have planned to the original format and customers to look after.
Glyn
Old 17-Jun-2006, 22:00
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

As I said before (I think) I'm happy to race just on Sunday AND in a long race - but you only get 40 to a grid, so what happens next???
Old 17-Jun-2006, 22:39
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
What happens will depend on the number of entries at Oulton and Donington.
IF we put more than 25 out in each class at the next two meetings we stand a chance of avoiding combined grids for the rest of the year. At tracks with bigger grids there could be another class on the same grid with a split start similar to what we had at Cadwell.
Entries for the next two meetings ideally need to be in in advance of the closing date, entries after that date may not be accepted just like they did with the KTMs at Oulton a month or two back when they ended up with only 16 on the grid and sharing it with the CB500s.
If the numbers are sufficient at the next two meetings then it would be worth trying to get New Era to run practice and a long race for each class on the Sunday, which I believe is what was originally envisaged. What they have offered on the current entry form is not really acceptable although when you look at the Desmo Due briefing note v2.05 you can see where the idea of the extra races at Snetterton came from as it states

"To make up for the change in the 1st Cadwell race now being non-points scoring, we are looking at making Snetterton a 2 day meeting with three races (one long and two short) over that weekend. This obviously reduces everyone’s travel budget and makes up for the additional costs of going to Assen. "

Well after the riders vote Cadwell became a points scoring meeting and Snetterton should have become a one day meeting with a long race for points

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 17-Jun-2006, 22:46
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
I agree with chass about the 2 races would be better than just one long one, but thats just my opinion which i've said all along, even tho andy wants to do the long race. I am sure our riders just want to race tho.

Skids, are the grids for oulton and donnington still fixed at 40 starters max?
This needs to be confirmed and split grids sorted asap mate doesnt it?
Old 17-Jun-2006, 22:48
Ducati Meccanica

I just wish we all knew where we stood.
Seems to me we get messed around all the time. If it were an sot/600/400 or any other class mostly in the normal format then you'd expect free practice, timed practice, 2 races. Fair enough - but we don't do we ? It always a last minute, have to ring up NE, beg steal and beg some more.
No wonder entries are falling with all this going on.
My 'team' will be at Oulton, just not sure if it's with one or 2 bikes as i'm moving the week before. My entries are already on their way for Donington and Cadwell.
But Snett - Hmm !!!
Old 17-Jun-2006, 23:01
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK
Skids, are the grids for oulton and donnington still fixed at 40 starters max?
This needs to be confirmed and split grids sorted asap mate doesnt it?

The circuits are governed by the licences they operate under and for Oulton and Donington the amount of Solos allowed on the track at one time under race conditions is 40 MAX

Sorting of grids will depend on entries getting in on time, the earlier the better. Once New Era have an idea of the amount of entries per class they will allocate grids accordingly. If entries are well in excess of 40 then we should have Class A on a seperate grid to Class B even if they are then on a split grid with another class. If sufficient entries are put in then there is always the possibility of Class B having its own grid with Class A sharing with another class unless Class A also gets sufficient numbers.
Once New Era have received enough entries to split our two classes we can then ask for them to adjust the progran so that there is a gap between the two classes to allow for those running in each class to swap transponders, take in some fluids etc.
So by Now hopefully everybody has there entry in for Oulton Park

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook
Old 17-Jun-2006, 23:12
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids

sorry, fraid not.
not sure if any more entries are going in yet.
Old 17-Jun-2006, 23:18
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids

Mine is going in next week.

Closing date is the 24th June (next Saturday).

Can't get it off before that, but at least it will be in before the closing date
Old 17-Jun-2006, 23:19
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBs996
sorry, fraid not.
not sure if any more entries are going in yet.

That is not good news dude

I hope you can get out there, you're going so well. Fingers crossed for ya
Old 17-Jun-2006, 23:22
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
Talking

He he he! If you lot aren't entering a points scoring round cos it's 20 laps of Snett please don't change your minds as I could do with a decent points score