Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 26-Mar-2005, 10:56
Ducati Meccanica

Your Desmo Budget

How are we all doing on the budget front then ? I'm quite pleased with mine thus far and on target

£165 in various tests and memberships to get licence.
£110 on a set of tyres
£200 High Level Exhaust
£120 Rearsets
£50 clipons
£20 on fibreglass and paint for nosecone
£240 on track and test days
£15 lockwire pliers
£60 dyno work

Still to get the bellypan and there's the entry fees on top. I've been lucky enough to have had some engine work done for the cost of the dyno runs and had a set of leathers as part of sponsorship. The bikes not been stripped totally as I intend to go back on the road providing we come out of this in one piece
Old 26-Mar-2005, 11:50
DSC Club Member
WSB Hero

£90 memberships & licence.
£260 on tyres
£600 on track and test days
£300 on entries
£800 on van
£160 on new gloves

...and I don't even have to buy a bike and get it ready

Out on the bike for the first time on 17th April, I am gagging to get out on track
Old 26-Mar-2005, 11:53
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
err, budget - aint much

Bike - under 4 figures
tyres - deal from tyreman
new chain & sprockets
replacement rockers
pistons & boring - this is the one thing that has eaten into our budget by approx £100 more than expected
rear damper - refurbed, as cream crackered, under £100
front forks - being rebuilt, as cream crackered, cost tbc.
rear sets? - the pair of superlight ones that came with AK's project bike originally ( now tricolour) were fished out of a storage bucket - and they fit
Clip-ons? - also out of a bucket of 'might be useful one day spares'
Lockwire & pliers, trinkets bought by CK as pressie (under £10 all in)
Rear seat unit off R6: was waiting to be chucked by mate, but AK 'salvaged for nowt' & with much smelly stuff going on in garridge has re-fixed & painted it
Seat for unit: donated by mate, who was chucking tatty one out, CK thinking at mo, of how to repair

all stripping, rewiring, engine rebuild, paint, done by AK.

Zaust still to come by MHP - prob later this week, but again cheap - as AK is assisting with rebuilding an engine for him in PX.
Dyno to go with zausts when fitted - cost? - CK cooking a couple of dinners

Un-necessary bit:
fairing kit - blagged deal for v cheap at Ali- Pali.

Will do a tally up shortly to the last penny, but trying to keep cheaper than Skiddylids:P

C

[Edited on 26-3-2005 by CK and AK]
Old 26-Mar-2005, 20:09
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Maybe as i'm not going for a Bigbore kit I may have the edge that and my parts bin is bigger than some breakers, although I will be adding a value to every bit I fit, either what it originally cost me or what you could possibly pick it up for off Ebay or what I could expect to sell it for on Ebay.
The only other thing I'm really without is Alan and some of that knowledge he has stored in his grey matter.

Bike - £770
Replacement engine, with Dynojetted carbs and K&N £300 (had just been serviced including shims and belts)

Tyres - pinched front off 916 still need to buy a rear
chain - fairly new only done one TT
Sprockets - new front £14 Ebay, Rear one came with bike other came with the engine at no cost

Front forks - Spings are Ohlins from one of my projects originally cost me £50, Oil £10
Steering damper - Toby unit £50 from M&P, fork clamp £15 DTR, frame bracket by yours truely
Front Brake - SPS full floating disc owed me nowt but call it £40 as thats what I sold Senna3 the other one for. Brake pads £19

rear sets? - Mainly home made, pegs £15 the pair
Clip-ons? - 2nd hand Harris ones cost £50
Remote Master Cylinders - £50pr Newark Auto-jumble
Rear Mastercylinder - used 916 but could use std 600 on the 916 bracket which I have picked up for £5 before.
Braided hoses - turned out I used Ducati ones I had about, but Racetech ones cost me £10 a line
Lowe chain gaurd - Home made

Rewiring by me

Fairing mount - 916 headlight unit from £40 adapters made by by me
916 Fairing - came from my 748 That I sold Old Yella £120

Exhaust - interconnecting pipe £11, Can is Micron left over from my race blade but may fit R6 Akrapovik that cost me £30 or the Arrow that cost £40,both have a scrape and came from Kempton, hanger was free

Lockwire & pliers, Had for years paid for themselves along time ago
New Era membership - I join them every year anyway
ACU Licence - Again a yearly thing, No eye test or anything else needed.

BITS THAT STILL NEED SORTING

Rear Shock - TBC could be as little as £45 or as much as £200 if I use the Penske

Rear seat unit - Not yet decided on CBR6 one I was given,I also have old units off previous race bikes such as 916, TL1000S, R6, ZXR400 and Fireblade

And lastly a Rev counter has yet to be sorted (handy that edit button)

Costs are Starting to mount up but still well within budget, then again I do have a spare engine that I can overhaul without to much cost involved

Thats nigh on £1600 so far although some bits I haven't had to buy as they were already in my parts bin before considering Desmo Due

[Edited on 27-3-2005 by skidlids]