Ducati Sporting Club UK
DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat
Discussions on the race series devised and supported by the DSC.

Old 11-Jan-2006, 19:58
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Not read every reply but if a 583cc bike entered in both classes it should mean the race order should always be 583 class followed by the 620 class, otherwise in the case where the two classes follow on from each other it would not only be the advantge of extra track time but also coming to the grid with pre warmed tyres.

Which would certainly give an advantage over the other 583s if someone had just been out with the 620s and yes if the 583 class was first up then those bikes would carry the same advantage of warm tyres onto the 620 grid, although with the power difference the advantage of warm tyres on a 583 is not going to have the same effect.
Old 11-Jan-2006, 20:10
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Quote:
Originally posted by skidlids
Not read every reply but if a 583cc bike entered in both classes it should mean the race order should always be 583 class followed by the 620 class, otherwise in the case where the two classes follow on from each other it would not only be the advantge of extra track time but also coming to the grid with pre warmed tyres.

Which would certainly give an advantage over the other 583s if someone had just been out with the 620s and yes if the 583 class was first up then those bikes would carry the same advantage of warm tyres onto the 620 grid, although with the power difference the advantage of warm tyres on a 583 is not going to have the same effect.

The same situation could apply to the timings of the SoT races too.

I can't see the DD races being back to back though, if you were in both (and I'm sure that New Era would encourage race fees for both) you'd need to be lining up for your next race before you've fininshed the first - maybe?
Old 11-Jan-2006, 20:49
MotoGP God

IF race order was SoT-620-583 do you really think riders doing Sot and 583 have a advantage over one doing 620 and 583, why would anybody on a 583 enter SoT they may as well just enter 620 and I for one can see a problem there.
I have also come around from the slowing down lap left the circuit by the exit then gone straight back to the collecting area and out onto track again to take up my grid position, certainly gives you a lot of confidence in your tyres knowing they are warm and if its raining you have just been out on track and know where the standing water etc is, another nice little advantage.
Old 11-Jan-2006, 21:31
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
spot on Kev with your observations mate

Have been crewing for Mark, when he's had to do the same.
C
Old 11-Jan-2006, 21:44
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by skidlids
IF race order was SoT-620-583 do you really think riders doing Sot and 583 have a advantage over one doing 620 and 583, why would anybody on a 583 enter SoT they may as well just enter 620 and I for one can see a problem there.
I have also come around from the slowing down lap left the circuit by the exit then gone straight back to the collecting area and out onto track again to take up my grid position, certainly gives you a lot of confidence in your tyres knowing they are warm and if its raining you have just been out on track and know where the standing water etc is, another nice little advantage.

Hmmmm - I think it depends upon a number of factors;

- how "spirited" the 583 rider feels in the 620s.
- the size of their ego
- their ambitions within the other series.

If they are using the non-583 session as practice, when racing in the 620 series, they are much more likely to compete (egos won't allow them to take it easy) and tire themselves out trying to mix it with the 620s.

If they enter the SoT series, they will realistically not be able to keep up and be less likely to wear themselves out as much, as they can be more conservative in their approach.

Would you try harder on a 583 in the 620s or the SoT? If you answer "it would be the same" - I don't believe you

Tim
Old 11-Jan-2006, 22:36
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 916 Senna, 748RS Corse, 1098s Race

Mood: walking on sunshine.....
This thread could come back on track.....

My last version of the rules states the classes would be run in different order at each round.

I'm interested on the rules, and then feelings of all those racing. Is this acceptable or not to compete on a 583 in the 620's, just like a number of us did using SOT last year. Does the club and the DD series benefit from 583's doing 620 rather than SOT?

I would vote for the enter one series - get points in series only in DD. This takeas away the points earning issue.
Old 11-Jan-2006, 22:45
WSB Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Wood
This thread could come back on track.....

My last version of the rules states the classes would be run in different order at each round.

I'm interested on the rules, and then feelings of all those racing. Is this acceptable or not to compete on a 583 in the 620's, just like a number of us did using SOT last year. Does the club and the DD series benefit from 583's doing 620 rather than SOT?

I would vote for the enter one series - get points in series only in DD. This takeas away the points earning issue.

My view would be that the option for riders to line up on both grids was valid if the number of entries was low.

However, my understanding is that with each series now having around 30 riders each, there is no longer a need for this option to "make up the numbers".

I'd like to see a grid of 620s and a grid of 583s.

But as long as the 583s do qualify for the 620, let 'em out there - as long as a 583 rider does not prevent a 620 rider from taking part.

Tim
Old 11-Jan-2006, 22:46
MotoGP God

Well if your doing the 583 because its the cheaper class then in the spirit of it why keep trying to gain an advantage by spending more money on practice.
There are only so many places in SoT, so if everybody applied then some would miss out, like wise if all 583 riders applied to race in the 620 again some would miss out and how would you determine who, would it be 620 riders who got there paperwork in late.
If I ever race in the 620 class(be it on a 620 or a 583) I don't expect to be able to return to the 583 class the following season.
Old 11-Jan-2006, 22:49
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: 916 Senna, 748RS Corse, 1098s Race

Mood: walking on sunshine.....
Sounds good to me.....

We can ask the new race committee!
Old 11-Jan-2006, 22:51
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Wood