Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 20-Feb-2004, 08:31
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
A quote from a guy I met in Northampton Traffic division. 'Northamptonshire traffic are not interested in small plates, dark visors, and loud pipes. However if you ride like a tw@t and get pulled all things will be considered'
I ride occasionally with the Milton Keynes Riders Group which is IAM affiliated. It is lead by 2 bike traffic officers who are both great guys-and VERY fast If you speed in the 30's 40's and 50's they will get you-and you deserve it, outside of that ride the road-but watch out for camera's-'cause they have no sense of humour!

John
Old 20-Feb-2004, 08:46
Mille

Mood: Yoi
Watch out for an interesting article from their top traffic guy in a forthcoming Pronto.
Old 20-Feb-2004, 19:05
Mille

Mood: waiting til next summer ;)
Not like i'm pi55ed off about this , it just seems that they pick on an easy target. Why dont they do more about catching people with no insurance, tax e.t.c. or more serious crimes.
I'm not gonna bring up the incident that was in the papers a few weeks ago, but that was sickening.
Not sure if anyone heard around the birmingham area, about the young lad that borrowed his dad's golf vr6, and got caught doing 116 in a 40, now if that was a biker, it would make the front pages of the nationals.
I agree that they are there to do there job and people that ride/drive like t**ts deserve it, but like monty said ride to the road. It just seems you get less for worse crimes, or is it me??

(rant over... thanks)
Old 21-Feb-2004, 00:45
DSC Membership Sec. & BHCN R.O.
Webteam
Big Twin
Bikes: None at the moment

Mood: Feeling old...
Northants Police were the same - 'we stick to 30's 40's and 50's - outside of that, just don't be silly' was their message.. and they weren't interested in loud pipes or dark visors... unless you're being a tw@t..
Old 21-Feb-2004, 09:03
500SD

Mood: happy
Hi glyn, also live in northants and I know for sure the police here have at lest one bike with a camera mounted on it.If you go to www.bbc.co.uk/northamptonshire. click on Travel and when the window opens ,in the top right corner is a window
Speedcams this tells you where all the fixed cameras are and where all the mobile cameras will be for the month. But not the bikes.hope this helps
Old 21-Feb-2004, 10:58
Big Twin

Mood: My K5 Rocks !!!!
.... You Northants peeps should consider yourselves lucky.... I get the feeling that Dorset Police operate a zero tolerance policy on bikers.... they will use any excuse to nab you and fine you... even had one bloke one day get a tape measure out and measure digit size and spacing on my plate... If any of you are familiar with Tuesday night bikes at the Quay, you will know what I mean..... Got nabbed one night by a copper waiting on a roundabout 5 miles out of town... He was just sitting waiting for any bikes with illegal plates on to dish out his ( then ) £ 20.00 fine..... Lambs to the slaughter methinks. Needless to say, have not been near Poole Quay since ( about 4 years now )
Old 22-Feb-2004, 13:46
Ducati Corse
Bikes: 1098

Mood: Chilled
I\'m sorry to say this!!

But it realy is game over in the uk

unless ( No Offence) you ride a commuter

or a retro

There is a Hooligan element in "THe sports bike rider"

me included !

and this will prove it .

last year i had to go and drop my kids some more money of in wales where they were on holiday (kids hey)

anyway i thinks ill go on me bike ,just before i gets into balla i tag on the back of 5 or 6 guys on big retro's

as we leave balla there is old bill standing on the path just observing the traffic,
so off we go and the pace is brisk These guys were all Advance Rider types
Black leathers with diagonal reflective bands on !
so anyway i have moved up into the middle of there group and am realy enjoying the ride.

for the next 30 or so miles there was no overtaking done and speed was topping out about 70-75

all of the bikes were Bmw pan europen fjr's and my R1

as we got to the end of the road there was a traffic car parked and we all turned right infront of it !

Five minutes down the road along came plod and came up along side me and pointed for me to pull over!

the rest of the others carried on !

when i asked him why only me was pulled he replied

Quote Listen sonny (i'm 42)
we are sick of you mick doohan types coming to wales and using the place like a RACE track Now heres your ticket for numberplate small indicators Devil can black visor and when you get back to BRUMMIE land tell all your mates we will be waiting for them!!!
i said thankyou very much and i will pass on the message

i aint been to wales since and i wont ever go again!

its Europe for me every time now ! the attitude to bikers is so much more friendly

ok if you speed you still get a good bollocking but you know you deserve it !

even a fine wont take your licence away !

The majority of old bill in the uk are real good blokes ! i should know

but the bad ones are as corrupt as the MAFIA

uk for biking sucks and it's gonna get WORSE !!!!
ps see you at the RING.............. mav

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit