Ducati Sporting Club UK
Private Adverts
Use this forum for all private adverts. You must have been a registered member on this board for at least 14 days before you are allowed to post.

Old 29-Apr-2012, 15:52
Bikes: Ducati 916SPS

For Sale Ducati 916SPS - lowered price

It is with a very heavy heart that I offer up my 916SPS for sale. I have owned this bike since 2000 and I was the second owner. I bought this right at the end of my biking times and it really hasn’t had much use due to this, covering only 4500 miles since! During this time the bike was always serviced by ProTwins in Godstone and no expense was spared, belts changed at every service interval. Over the last 3-4 years the bike has not been used at all and hence it no longer has a valid MOT or taxed for road use.

So onto the details;

1998 916SPS (996 engine), one of only 1000 ever made as a homologation special for that years racing, so it is rare. It has covered approx 7000klms (4500miles) since new. It has a full service history.

The bike has been stored under a Ducati cover in my garage when not in use, it's also on front and rear stands to protect the tyres from the concrete and it's permanently connected to an Optimate to keep the battery in prime condition.

The bike has a list of mods which I'll try and list from memory so I might miss a few out. However nearly for nearly every change I have the original part.

Ducati factory fit Spyball alarm, alarm wires are within the factory wiring, dual key fobs

Marvic wheels, very light!

HyperPro progressive springs on front and rear suspension

High ratio clutch slave cylinder

Brembo 20mm racing front brake master cylinder

Carbon number plate hanger

Carbon clutch cover

Carbon swingarm guard

Carbon Oil cooler cowling

Carbon rear chain/mudguard

Carbon airtubes

ITG in airbox filter - replaces the airtube filters

FIM Ultimap dual map chip - runs tailored maps for front and rear cylinders

14 tooth front sprocket

Ducati performance footrests

Ducati performance braided oil cooler hoses

Upgraded gel battery

Upgraded and hard wired rectifier, replaces the crappy Italian multi plug that catches fire!

Colour coded mirrors

Number board on front fairing

Obviously as this is an SPS it has most of the desired parts already fitted by the factory that most people try to retro fit.

Price, difficult one this as it is rare, especially in this condition, and therefore not many being sold to compare prices with. So with all the additions and plus original parts included I would say £6500.00 ono

Please contact me on either;
Mob: 07977241584
Email: andyjayh@gmail.com

Regards,
Andy

Last edited by Andy Hartland : 05-May-2012 at 22:19. Reason: Price drop
Old 30-Apr-2012, 12:31

More information on this sale. This includes all the spares and additional parts I have for the bike so that will be all the original parts that have been changed including the original wheels. Therefore whoever buys this bike could sell off these parts or return the bike to completely original spec and sell the upgraded parts if so desired.

Also the stands I have will be included, front and rear paddock plus an Abba stand with attachments.

With this in mind plus the fact that the bike has not been started in a number of years I would suggest pickup is best done with a van.

I'm open to offers on this as well so if you're interested please let me know.

Regards,
Andy
Old 05-May-2012, 22:17

Before I put this into a local trader to sell on my behalf I'm going to drop the price to £6500 for the bike and all parts I think you will be hard pushed to find one with such low mileage and condition as this so if you are looking for a fine example of the 916 marque, here's your chance.
Old 09-May-2012, 21:31

Bike now sold

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit