Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 22-Jul-2004, 17:26
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
I don\'t believe it...

Gahhhhhh, sometimes you just get these Victor Meldrew moments.....

On June 20th, I ordered "Twist of the Wrist II" and the MCN Circuit Guide from Amazon.co.uk along with a bunch of HP Inkjet cartridges. because this little lot came to well over £100 I thought, yes, I will have free delivery thanks and went through choosing the 'free' option (part of which is selecting the maximum number of deliveries against that order - three, apparently).

Anyway, there was a big delay to the whole order caused by the MCN Circuit guide. By now, I've run out of ink anyway and so got some cartridges yesterday from PC World. So, when I got home, I popped on to the Amazon site to cancel the order for the print cartridges...whad'ya know...they shipped yesterday afternoon (they hadn't shipped in the morning, which is why I went to PC World)...Hmmmmm.

On the delivery advice it said the order was dispatched and would be delivered in 3-5 days by Securicor Express.

So, today I'm working from home. About half eleven, I went down the road for five minutes to get some bread and came back to find the Securicor note through my door telling me that they were unable to deliver because I wasn't in...

So far, just a minor irritation nothing to get stressed about. On reading the card however, it seems that I now have to collect my stuff from the Securicor depot in Milton Keynes....

Now here's the Victor Meldrew bit. The Amazon distribution centre for the whole of the UK is on an industrial estate near Junction 13 of the M1 in Ridgmont. It is about three miles from my house in the next village to where I live. To collect my stuff from Securicor, I have to drive right past Amazons front door and on for another seven or eight miles....

You have to laugh
Old 22-Jul-2004, 17:54
Big Twin

I know how you feel, I've canned buying from Amazon because of their shipping policy.
Old 22-Jul-2004, 18:54
Mille

Mood: Yoi
Why didn't you buy them from the CSS and get the Club discount?

Some people - just too much money!
Old 22-Jul-2004, 21:42
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Doh...forgot about the discount.

Mind you, if I had too much money, the 996S with the SPS engine, the Ohlins R&T forks (and all the other lovely bits) that Yeti's has for sale would be sitting in my shed right now...
Old 23-Jul-2004, 00:33
BSB Star

Bought from Amazon, never suffered, call the courier,and arrange a new delivery which i have done, but i know where ya coming from.....

I DON'T BEEEEEEEEEEEELIEEEEEEEEEVE IT
Old 23-Jul-2004, 00:47
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: st2......we can rebuild
jools you are v.m
do you ever stop moaning
p.s sorry i'm a bit drunk
Old 23-Jul-2004, 11:19
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Quote:
Originally posted by Glyn
jools you are v.m
do you ever stop moaning
p.s sorry i'm a bit drunk

Never mind being drunk mate, I'm getting worried about you!

"Jools you are v.m"... What does that mean? In the personals column that would mean "Jools you are very manly"

What with your latest leathers, are you sure you're not gay?

GSOH required
Old 23-Jul-2004, 11:31
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Damp
Good Sense of Hangover..... Glad to hear that I won't be the only sufferer this mornin'.

Still, sun's out and I can feel a blat coming on.

[Edited on 23-7-2004 by ali]
Old 23-Jul-2004, 22:43
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Fabulous
Whilst we're whinging - my worst case scenario was a case of wine, Sunday Times Wine club, delivered to the wrong house. First case - woman phoned me and I went to collect it. Gave her 2 bottles as a 'thank you'. 2nd case plus complimentary 6 bottles for 'their error', also delivered to this woman's house. I never heard a word from her. Cancelled Sunday Times Wine Club membership and returned to my bi-weekly trip to Waitrose! Heavy work but ultimately more reliable. And why do they make these mistakes? Because my postcode, allocated to me by the Post Office, places my house on a Lane that is about half a mile from where my house is.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit