Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 20-Oct-2004, 14:27
Mille

Mood: building the beast
So have i been done or what?

Ducati Leeds asked me to sent them the service history of the bike so that they could ask Ducati UK to pay for the shagged rockers. I dug the book out only to find that it origionally came from Taz motorcycles (and so is an import) I dont know if the guy i got it off knew it was an import as he was the second owner and he got it from another shop. When i asked i was told it was a UK bike but i guess i should have looked closer at the books all i saw was the stamp for the first service.

Ducati Leeds said they will still do their best for me but I guess im going to have to pay for the rockers myself now. Im really upset about it because even though it looks like its a German bike it was still made by Ducati and its their crappy engine parts that have failed! Or is it ok to sell the crap ones to Germany?

Sorry for the rant but its kinda taken the shine of Ducati ownership. Im thinking about cutting my losses and going back to Jap now

The problem is the bike is prob now worth way less because i will have to advertise it as an import
Old 20-Oct-2004, 14:35
Ducati Corse

I think Ducati will have to honour any genuine warranty claim no matter where the bike came from. New legislation came into force a while ago i think i remember.

It should also say on the V5 if its an import.

The sad fact is that you have to treat rockers as a consumable, even if you get it all sorted now there is still a chance they will fail again. Mileage doesnt seem to matter, my ST4 need three rockers after about 18,000 miles.

I have a bit of a problem with Ducati crap building quality myself! It was only Nelly who convinced me that i shouldnt set fire to the thing and claim on the insurance.
Old 20-Oct-2004, 14:41
Big Twin

Mood: Sans moto
Haven't they sorted the problem now? I thought the rockers that are put in as replacements are ok.
Old 20-Oct-2004, 14:42
Mille

Mood: building the beast
Quote:
Originally posted by rockhopper
set fire to the thing and claim on the insurance.

Thats an idea
Old 20-Oct-2004, 14:44
500SD

As we are part of this great heap of S**t called the EU surely a german bike should be covered Europe wide.

If you have legal cover with you house insurance or with the bike they probably have a legal help line.

It may be worth a call, if it is still not covered contact ducati in italy direct. Copying your MP and motoring press.

Don't TAZ offer three years warranty?

Don't give up, its worth a go
Old 20-Oct-2004, 15:01
Ducati Corse

No, i think its only the 998 and 999 motors that have cured it by re-designing the oil feed to the head. Someone told me there are umpteen different part numbrers for the rockers as they continually try to modify them, without getting very far it appears.

[Edited on 20-10-2004 by rockhopper]
Old 20-Oct-2004, 15:33
BSB Star

Mood: All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing
Don't worry, the new BMW superbike has a similar problem
Old 20-Oct-2004, 19:00
Big Twin
Bikes: 916SPS Ratbike + 749R Shed

Mood: Ugly girls (749) are more dirty.....
Chris,

My 748 was a French import. I still managed to get a warranty claim honoured here in UK.
I think it depends on how the bike was imported.
I bought my bike from a French Ducati dealer and imported it myself. It had been previously registered by Ducati France and therefore had a Ducati warranty from France.
If your bike was never registered in Germany and imported as a job-lot in a crate by a non-Ducati organisation, it will never have been registered by a Ducati dealer.
Old 20-Oct-2004, 19:15
GTL

Mood: me in a mood? NEVER!
wouldnt you think no mater where the bike comes from it would still be covered under some form of warranty.
yoy'll get there in the end pal so dont give up hope.
Old 20-Oct-2004, 22:19
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: have owned 748/853/916/749/853R/748/848 not sure whats next...

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
keep with it chris you know it will makes sense in the long run

keep pressuring taz and write to and email everyone you can, take it back to the dealer you bought it off to as they may have to help with all this new legislation