Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 23-Oct-2004, 08:34
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Quote:
Originally posted by m1keyp

Don't TAZ offer three years warranty?
Not on the Dukes and 'Prillas's,its two years.
I very much doubt if you would get anything out of Taz.A mate of mine bought a 600 Kwacker from them two years ago and it still is'nt right.He wished he never bought the thing.
Old 23-Oct-2004, 23:48
Mille
Bikes: 749R

Mood: i'm in love... with cider at the moment
i understood it was a coating on the rockers which was causing the dreaded flaking... anyways, all duc's are imports (unless you live in italy), so there should, in theory, be no hassle about warranty's and all that.

keep pestering, always ask to speak to the manager and threaten press interest... you've spent serious dollar on a product, you should expect it to be right.

maybe i speak out of turn, you tell me.

magpie.
Old 24-Oct-2004, 00:10
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
How did you not check its history before purchasing? Did you pay uk money for a parallel?
Old 24-Oct-2004, 10:43
500SD

Mood: Cool as **** !
The only way you can usually tell an import is by the PDi stamp in the service book,or via the chasis no @ a franchised dealer,theres no reference on the log book(V5),when it's registered new here,the only time is when it's previousley been registered overseas,then brought in used !

Hpi dosn't tell you either,unless someone's input the info,& they're hardly likely to do that !

However,even if it's a uk supplied bike/vehicle,the manufacturer,has been known to renague on claims,should the vehicle have fallen outside it's required service schedule !& must be done by a vat qualifying garage,not nessecarily a ducati dealer !!as long as approved or genuine parts have been used !!

If you have all of the above,you may be ok !,or get a good wiil gesture claim!as it's a common known fault on Duc's !
good luck,with it m8!
Old 24-Oct-2004, 21:03
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
In my experience the V5 doesnt usually show the engine number on an import. Bit of a heads up.
Old 24-Oct-2004, 21:34
Ducati Corse

My ST2 was a parallel import by Granby Motorcycles in Leicester. It was a UK bike but wasnt imported into the UK bY Ducati UK. I havent got it any more but the log book said who had imported it. I think it was in section 3 titled "Special Notes"

It was a while ago though so i might be wrong!

Oh and if you give Ducati UK a bell and quote the frame number they will tell you where it came from.

[Edited on 24-10-2004 by rockhopper]
Old 25-Oct-2004, 00:48
Mille

V5C facts

The V5C will not show directly if the vehicle/motorbike is an import.

All imported vehicles/motorbikes into the UK have to be inspected and given a type approval number. The test is called the SVA.

Check your V5C it should have a type approval number. This is a disguised way of informing the buyer of an import.

The V5 will also contain the VIN/chassis/frame number AND the engine number.

Hope this helps.....
Old 25-Oct-2004, 10:40
Mille

Mood: building the beast
I rang Taz who told me ALL the new bikes they sell are imports. I think the bike was aimed a Germany because a couple of the books that came with the bike were in German.

The kind folks at Ducati Leeds are going to pay for the parts for me ( Big thanks to Jane in the service dept) So that just means i have to pay for fitting.

I think i paid too much for the bike but i have decided that i wont be selling it for a while and it goes and looks just like a "propper" uk import so sod it life is too short. I will just have to learn from this and try to not let it happen again. Not sure how though yet
Old 25-Oct-2004, 18:14
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: have owned 748/853/916/749/853R/748/848 not sure whats next...

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
good boy chris

keep you r head and ride the living hell out of it, you know you want too really
Old 26-Oct-2004, 11:32
Mille

Mood: building the beast