Ducati Sporting Club UK
General Motorcycles only
General motorcycle issues, including non-Ducati, but keep it motorcycles!

Old 07-Oct-2005, 18:53
Mille

Ear plug prices

This probably wont be of intrest to anyone but im gonna have a winge about it anyway cause i hate it when i think someone is screwing me.
Ive just been down to Hein Gerick to buy some more ear plugs cause i have run out as i am one of those people that cant ride without them. Im sure most people will agree ear plugs are an indavidual choice, some work for some people and not for others. I have for several years been using some multi coloured ones which come as a pair in round clear coloured plastic cases called "MOULDEX" you may or may not know the ones i mean.Normally i buy them from Youngs buiders supply merchants when im there picking up gear for work how ever as i was in Gerick and i noticed them on the counter i thought i would save myself a few minutes and get them here. Ill have five of the ear plugs please says i, that'll be six pounds says counter chump, "WHAT" says me, six pounds says counter chump again only louder as apparently i was hard of hearing, how much each are they ? says me, £1.20 a set, stick em up yer arse says me!! and i leave... down to youngs i go, identical ear plugs 20p a pair......ill ave 5 please says me, that'll be a quid please says nice man behind counter......
Old 07-Oct-2005, 19:19
Mille

Mood: counting
umm ear plugs just seem to fall into my pocket at work even if they are the naff ones on blue plastic string
Old 07-Oct-2005, 19:47
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
I think I'm going to get some moulded ones done - I'm sick of the dodgy other ones!
Old 07-Oct-2005, 21:14
Big Twin

I got some custom ones done at the BMF this year, totally different to normal ones in that they cvut a lot more of the wind noise (which is the dangerous bit). I can still here the exhaust though (Termi). They cost £50, but worth it I reckon if you are into earplugs. The guy will be at the NEC I have no doubt.
Old 07-Oct-2005, 21:25
Mille

Mood: Very thirsty
Tantrum992 - I got 40 pairs off e-bay for less than a fiver. There seems to be plenty of them up for sale. You can choose from 40 pairs all the same or 10 pairs of 4 different kinds - gives you the chance of trying different types out until you find a particular type you like. My only trouble is I end up leaving the spent ones round the house much to the annoyance of my other half.
Old 07-Oct-2005, 23:10
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Quote:
Originally posted by Scotty Moc
umm ear plugs just seem to fall into my pocket at work even if they are the naff ones on blue plastic string
Yep,working on a lot of RAF bases,there are boxes and boxes of things laying around.
Old 07-Oct-2005, 23:56
500SD

These people did my set, very helpful friendly.

http://www.greenleopard.co.uk/

Whoever you buy from I would suggest that you make an appointment rather than getting them done at a show.

They do require some "fine tuning" once made
Old 08-Oct-2005, 13:24
Big Twin

Box of 200 SNR34 MAX plugs should cost around £15 delivered.
Old 08-Oct-2005, 13:32
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
I wouldn't mind getting a set of custom made ones - trouble is I sometimes have trouble finding my lid in my chaotic household, earplugs stand no chance of ever being found again
Old 08-Oct-2005, 15:12
Mille

Jools

I get mine from www.earplugs.gb.com - loads of different types, they do a 'variety pack' of 20 different pairs for £7.50. I like the ones that look like a Christmas tree - rockets I think they're called.

Matthew