Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 22-Jul-2004, 23:01
500SD

Mood: Firing on all 4 !!
whats it worth ?

Boss was showing me his 900 superlight (i think it was a superlight anyway) it had USD forks, M reg, pipe on each side and looked quite low and small. anwyay it has done 4000 miles with 1 owner and in good shape if a little dusty.
I would know it if i saw a piccy anyway. He wants rid as it gets in the way of his bently and has asked me to try and flog it.
Bought new from woods in abergele and has full DSH not that it matters much with 4k on the clock. has been stored in a warm dry garage so is not corroded to death - oh and its red. i also get the impression it may be a special edition but saw no hint of ohlins or carbon.
forgive me for being a bit vauge but although the same age as my 916, not got quite the same appeal to me.
Old 23-Jul-2004, 00:28
BSB Star

I'll speak to my mate in the trade 2morrow, and see what the glasses or whatever the guide is called.....
Old 24-Jul-2004, 14:23
500SD

Mood: Firing on all 4 !!
Bit more info, been up and moved a load of old junk out of the way to get a better look at it, it is a 94 M plate 900 supersport with a genuine 2200 miles on it (waste) still wearing its original tyres and chain crud. Little corrosion is showing on the pipes but am sure this is an easy half days clean up to get a mint bike. it is the fully faired model with the normal USD forks and the plastics are pretty well unmarked under the dust. he said it has had a service a few years back with woods so even although it has hardly run since i would expect it needs a full service and new CS and tyres before it was even put back on the road again. Should come with all docs and bumfh that it came with from new.
I know the company hold all the info on the bike so can do some more digging. He told me to get a van from work and take it away and flog it for him. he doesnt give stuff away for nothing but this is a 900 supersport with bugger all miles in need of a bit of TLC and i reckon £400 to service it and get it 100% roadworthy fit for use. Could be another addition here to my own bike museum but sadly am running out of room in the house to keep another restored bike.
any idea's guys to what its worth ??

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit