Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 23-Jul-2004, 12:10
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

Any info available on 750 Sport ??

Just bought a 750 Sport (1988 Pantah) and would be interested to hear from anyone who may have owned one. It has an unusual paint job and I'm trying to research the original details, bike is a winter restoration project.

Any information or contacts for those who may have spares and knowledge of Ducatis of this era would be much appreciated.
Old 23-Jul-2004, 12:27
Big Twin

Mood: Sans moto
Firstly - nice bike.

I have a one of Mick Walkers books that has quite a bit in about these, and Ian Falloons SS book that goes into detail, not got them here, but I'll have a look over the weekend to see what's in them. I'll make a note of the books titles and ref numbers etc.

I'm not sure about this but I think there might be an owners club for this type of Duke 750 sport, F1 etc. The Bevelheads web site also has some Pantah stuff on it.

Either way, someone is looking forward to winter.

Piccies as it progresses
Old 23-Jul-2004, 12:51
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
you will probably find Brancato in Charlgrove know alot about these, makes a few of his own bits for them I believe
Old 24-Jul-2004, 06:45
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Paul,first off.it aint a Pantah motor in there!The engine has the "reversed" rear cylinder head,the same as the modern Dukes.The early 750 Monster and SS's used a very similar motor (wet clutch).
The first Sports came out with red bodywork and frame with blue and white stripes on the fairing.Later models were red and silver or black and silver.I have an early model brochure somewhere.The bike was not a great seller and some dealers had them painted red/white/green to mimic the 851 tricolore of the time.
A good book for info is.Ducati 2-valve V-twins by Mick Walker.(published by Crowood Press)The Sport has its own chapter.
I had the 900SS which was a development of the Sport.A lovely bike,only let down by the 'orrible Weber carb.Most of those were junked in favour of twin Del Orto's.
Old 26-Jul-2004, 10:03
Big Twin

Mood: Sans moto
"Classic Motorcyles DUCATI" by Mick Walker published by Opsprey ISBN 1 85532 331 1

"Ducati Supersport" by Ian Falloon pulpished by Haynes ISBN 1 85532 331 1

Both books have sections on the 750 Sport, though the 2 valve book that KB mentions may go into more depth. Of the two, Ian Falloon's book has more technical details.
Doesn't seem like there will be many bikes about though, they made 1241 in 1988, 965 in 1989 and 153 in 1990.

[Edited on 26-7-2004 by STEVE M]

[Edited on 26-7-2004 by STEVE M]
Old 26-Jul-2004, 17:06
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

Thanks guys, looks like I will be having fun soon ;-)
Old 26-Jul-2004, 17:21
Administrator
Webteam
MotoGP God
Bikes: 748S, HM1100S, V4SP, Was: DD-A #111

Mood: Passion Killer
I've got the 2-valve book sitting at home on a shelf, so I'll look and see what's in there and let you know.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit