Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 24-Jul-2004, 14:11
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

Hit and Run ????

Girlfriend was putting petrol in her bike today when a nice man who had just paid for his fuel got into his car,reversed into her knocking her and the bike over and spilling petrol everywhere. He got out, took a look and ignored her appeal to help get the bike off her, got back into his car and drove off. Ain't there some lovely people out there !!!.

Question is; was it "hit and run" ? and would the police be even remotely interested in catching this pillock of society so he can pay for the damage to the bike.

Spoke to the lady at the filling station and to my astonishment was told that the video cameras were not aimed at the forecourt today. When asked what they did to aprehend non payers she informed me that they got very few. I managed to stifle a massive laugh at this one but where does it leave people in these circumstances ?.

Most pay by credit/debit card these days so it's fairly likely that this guy did so and would have paid shortly before the incident took place so there is a chance he could be traced that way.

Anyone else come across similar problems ??
Old 24-Jul-2004, 15:00
Big Twin

Mood: Train comes and I know its destination
Sorry Paul, I can't help you here, but I hope they catch the tosser (and he slips on a bar of soap down at the station).
Old 24-Jul-2004, 15:02
Big Twin

Mood: :-)
Paul.
In short, this is a reportable Road Traffic Accident.
It occurred in a public place and as such the Police have to take the report & investigate it.
Get it reported now.
No doubt she will have some bruising at least from this ( heavy handed hint..... )
Impress on the police it is an injury accident.
If you need any more help or info, drop me a line.
Cheers
Andy
Old 24-Jul-2004, 15:03
Montjuic

Mood: Work......noooooooo
Paul,

Hope she's OK, sorry can't help with the Legal advice, but you could try a U2U to Rushjob, he might have some info.

Dawn
Old 24-Jul-2004, 15:04
Montjuic

Mood: Work......noooooooo
And how was that for timing.................
Old 24-Jul-2004, 16:29
Big Twin

Hope you find him

Run the **** over with his own car - poetic justice
Old 24-Jul-2004, 16:58
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Fabulous
*******! She ought to complain to the management of the petrol station, too. Surely they can't be so callous as not to even try to identify the driver? Don't they have some company policy whereby accidents on the forecourt have to be reported to Head Office. If I were her, I'd be kicking up every which way to get something done about it.
Old 24-Jul-2004, 18:15
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Paul, was it local?l
Old 24-Jul-2004, 19:42
500SD

Mood: Very happy with the Multi
Hope she is ok Paul, I would do everything possible to get this guy, just imagine what would have happened had the bike falling created a spark
Old 24-Jul-2004, 21:54
Ducati Corse

Mood: Tad more confident
Paul sorry to hear this, hope your girlfriend is ok. I can not believe that the camera's where not aimed at the forcourt, even so they would have picked up the car entering or leaving, otherwise why bother. I would seek professional help the type that works on commission. They will demand that they handover a copy of the tape, I'm sure. How about nameing that garage and even getting the local rag involved. Go and have a rant at the manager, if he knows whats good for him he will help all he can. You never know the person behind the counter might even know the sod and was covering for him. Take nothing for granted, its not a pleasant world out there.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit