Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 25-Jul-2004, 00:23
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: www.knightroadraceteam.co.uk
Health & safety regs stipulate that all accidents have to be logged - so this garage is at fault if it isnt noted in their accident book, as a member of the public was injured whilst on their property, howsoever caused.
If injury & damages are not noted in their log, they can be fined £££ by H & S.

Hope GF is ok?

C
Old 25-Jul-2004, 05:27
500SD

Mood: Happy again with Numptystrada
Paul Firstly I hope the young lady is OK and the bike not too badly damaged.
I saw something simular when on my way home from the British GP some years ago. We were filling up at Thurrock services when another couple on a bike pulled up at the pump behind. As the passenger was getting off a car sped onto the forecourt stricking her a glancing blow. This was before the law changed to make the forecourt a public place and therefore the rules o the highway were not applicable.despite this the police charged the driver with "furious & wanton" driving a charge that first applied to in the horse & carraige days. It still carried a maximum scentence of life imprisonment.Stangely enough on this occassion the CCTV was not operating either
I hope I have a better trip home from Donnington today
Old 25-Jul-2004, 22:15
500SD

Mood: Blooo Duke gets red heads
Paul
Hope the young lady is ok and the bike's not too bad either
What would have happened if the fuel had caught alight, I dread to think???
As the others have replied, take this to the max and catch the barsteward and roast his nuts (in court of course) then roast em agin when he's been charged (and paid huge amounts of compensation for those injuries to the young lady, big hint here) , hung, drawn and quartered (and you know who it is)
What a shame my JCB just tipped yer car over pal, I hear you saying (tee hee) but of course I dont condone those sort of actions................really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go get the b..........
rgds
mort
Old 25-Jul-2004, 22:58
BSB Star

Mood: the rain in spain falls mainly on me!
hope shes ok, were there any witnesses that may have at least got rough details of the car etc. i would like to think someone would have thought to make a mental note.

also going forward, might be worth checking prior to filling up in future if the cameras are on the forecourt; if not put a post on here and we can all get free petrol for the day.

sorry, i'll get my coat
Old 26-Jul-2004, 13:13
DSC Club Member
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: 1100S Multistrada, 450RT, Gilera Nordwest, Bultaco Frontera, Rickman Metisse-being built!

Mood: Growing old-DISGRACEFULLY!
Hey Rushjob, since Pauls girlfriend lives in Nottingham this must be on your manor mate-no mention of it at Donny yesterday so must have been on the way home.

John
Old 27-Jul-2004, 10:38
Founder Member
Ducati Meccanica

Happened in Beeston near Nottingham at the SAINSBURY'S petrol station. Annoying thing is it's the cheapest fuel around but a poxy little forecourt. Happened before Donny and Debs ended up limping around for the whole weekend. On the mend now but I'd still like to locate the guy who did it for a little chat about his bad dentistry, whoops that would be after the chat
Old 27-Jul-2004, 11:22
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
The DVLA will supply you will the keepers details if you have the reg no. You have to pay small fee and fill a form in.

You can then take whatever action you deem approriate.

Ray.
Old 28-Jul-2004, 08:06
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: '01 Ducati 748R and '04 Mille RSVR

Mood: Awaiting the arrival of the sun and the disappearance of the rain
Paul,

I would write to Sainsbury's too. As CK says, they should keep a log of all incidents that happen on the forecourt. From your description I was wondering if it might have been a small independant (Dealer) filling station (to have no cameras on the pumps), but as it is a Sainsbury's, I am pretty gobsmacked that they didn't have cameras.

As Andy says, follow it up with the police. I guess they would have to visit the forecourt as part of their enquiries. They may get a different answer in terms of the video (i.e. the attendants may be instructed to say the cameras are not on so that Sainsbury's don't get dragged into what they deem as a third party incident, or they may simply be reluctant to hand over tapes that they think they will never get back).

Might be worth gettting your 'crime' number if you get one and then quote this in the letter you write to Sainsbury's, I guess to the Customer Service Manager.

Hope you get the scumbag and that your good lady is ok and not too beat up.

Gc
Old 28-Jul-2004, 15:26
Big Twin

First - Hope yer lady's ok.

second - Worked on Sainsbury design, supervised petrol station electrical installation on site (albeit 10 years past), so, ALL Sainsbury petrol stations have cameras. The installation of internal security cameras is part of the standard specification for the stations.
Most definitely internally and depending upon area circumstances, externally.
The internal cameras would have been operating at all times.
If you write to the sainsbury manager and copy police etcetera you should be able to identify the perp from internal vid and receipt details (if he paid by card). Data protection will prevent you from getting direct access to the info but the police will no doubt have access.
The internal vid should be retained on an individual tape. This tape should not have been re-used.
Don't know the precise legal point on this but I was told by engineering dept that if a vid tape is taped over (re-used) then the tape is inadmissable owing to possibility of "ghosting".

Get photo's - bike,girlfriend(calm down),location.

Best of luck with finding the scumbag.

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit