Ducati Sporting Club UK
Idle Chat
Still needs to be clean and of value to the club.

Old 19-Sep-2004, 22:21
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Well as far as attitude goes I was polite I pulled up where directed and removed my helmet and Yes i was probably older than all the coppers. I was polite, I have a good relationship with all the police at work (yes they are a proper constabulary gaurding the Atomic Energy sites) so I know how to behave. But what is the point of treating them decent when they can't be bothered to do the same especially the traffic division.
It would probably cost to much to fight this in court and as I have a clean Licence with only one other offence in over 25 years and that was another petty one 7 years ago I can't see as its worth it.
Pay the fine take the points and view all coppers in a different light from now on, if they're going to tar me with the same brush as the idiots that wheelie up and down all evening at bike nights I may as well tar them all with the same brush.
I chatted about the incident with my dad (79 tomorrow) and I can see he has little respect for the police these days so that just about says it all for me, bet he's glad he fought for his King and country even if it was only for a year.
Old 19-Sep-2004, 22:27
Big Twin

Quote:
Originally posted by Rocker
I was amused...

I too was amused, when I saw a snippet on the teletext:

Robocop (Ray Mallon), he of zero tolerance and now elected mayor of some town somewhere ower nor'east, was caught doing 72mph......in a restricted roadworks 50mph area.
I believe his only comments were something like:"I was speeding, I got caught. I'll take the 3 points and the fixed penalty".
I'm guessing he hasn't got a "get out of jail" card anymore.
Old 19-Sep-2004, 22:50
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
Have you not enquired about the Force policy re offering you a VDRS prior to EFPN?
If thats the policy why did they not offer it to you? I would of been chasing this up rather than going to the bmf....

I have to say the King and Country bit, is a bit over the top!
Old 19-Sep-2004, 23:32
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Sorry Andy but I made commitments to other people this weekend and didn't want to let them down, besides why should I let the incident spoil one or my few weekends off.

I will make enquireies into who to talk to about the policy of the TVP traffic division on this.
And ask other questions like why did the officer writing the ticket not check the tyre tread deapth himself instead of getting my details while his mate did it with out me watching as I have now realised he may have measured where the wear indicator is, as this gives a less than 0.1mm reading but can still be felt to be lower than the surrounding tyre by just rubbing your finger over the area. Along with also asking who was supposedley supervising my driving as he ticked the box to say I was supervised.

As for King and Country bit, it may be a bit over the top but true none the less. I'm sure his generation expected things ........ Deleted the next couple of paragraphs... too much of a rant
Old 20-Sep-2004, 08:18
BSB Star

Mood: Has change happened...must of missed it!
It may be worth going to or, ringing either the Traffic (Operations) dept or even trying to pin someone down at the Headquarters concerning Policies and proceedures.

If, and i would suspect their Policy will be vdrs unless it is so dangerous, (and your defence here is, clearly it wasnt or you would of been Prohibited), then efpn.

If this is the case then i would look to speak to a duty Inspector, or sgt and make an Official complaint. Have you kept THE tyre.

Of course it may not go anywhere but is surely worth a try?
Old 20-Sep-2004, 10:42
500SD

Mood: DOH!
Skids, I can't see how you can accept being done for a bald tyre if it wasn't even down to the wear bars mate.
As for all the anti police stuff, bear in mind fellas, like all the services these days, they suffer from being under manned and under funded and yet have an ever heavier work load placed on them. With this in mind, it's easy to see why some of them come across a bit high and mighty sometimes
Old 20-Sep-2004, 12:02

Vman,

I have changed my mind about soem of the police now.

A friend was out riding with his buddy at a about 60mph sees a car parked up behind a hedge. Thinks nothing more of it but it is obvious there is trouble ahead as everyone coming the other way is signalling. Friend pulls over to discuss with buddy is it worth going on with obvious trouble ahead. A bout a minute later an unmarked car pulls up with one PC inside and says they were speeding after they passed him doing 62 on the gun then accelarated. Shows laser gun with 83 at 1100 ft away plus. says he is going to do both, how can he have goth both bikes going away? Hitting both bikes at that distance. On checking the paperwork buddies see that different locations on the same road given, wrong CC on for one bike, producer asked for MOT ofr one bike which didn't need it, also class given as m/cycle when tax disk and DVLA says bicycle.

Are these buddies just another statistic or will they get a fair hearing if they decide to take it to the magis. to dispute location, sloppy paperwork and PC not following ACPO laser guidelines. e.g. Not 10ft from roadside, not clearly visible to target vehicle, etc.

P NME
Old 20-Sep-2004, 16:30
BSB Star
Bikes: 998s, Jota, KTM 690 Duke

Mood: My Jota goes rumpety rump! & I have my wife exactly where she wants me!
I got pulled a few years ago and could actually prove the copper was lying!

The simmons was incorrect, wrong speed limits wrong registration even. I pleaded not guilty and the magistrate orderded that the summons be re issued with the correct details on it, cost me £60 & 3 pionts.

And the commisioner wonders why the public do not like police officers, money collectors all of them, no impartiality.

Old 20-Sep-2004, 17:37
Ducati Corse

Mood: Daft as MartinH after too much Smirnoff Ice
Talking of crap summons one of our company Ford Transits (non turbo diesel) got gatsoed at 145mph in a 30 limit.

who says the camera never lies!

Postbit Selector
Switch to Vertical postbit Use Vertical Postbit