Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 24-Jun-2005, 20:06
MotoGP God
Bikes: 848, M620 DD bike

Mood: waiting...
would this work on a \'94 monster?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...3016 232&rd=1

still trying to find a solution for having no rev counter, this is off a 900sd - anyone have any idea if it would work?

Cheers
Old 26-Jun-2005, 01:08
MotoGP God

anyone know a cheap way of getting a rev counter on this bike? Will 748/9** work? Or another model? Thinking ahead to using on track rather than road so could make bracket et cbut want something which is reasonably plug and play -any clues??
Old 26-Jun-2005, 19:43
Montjuic

Mood: Just Ducky
If you are going to install a cable drive or your bike already has it then it should work. Otherwise an electronic type would work dandy. I used to have a Superbike tach on my 620 but upgraded to a SPA technologies unit with shift lights, oil temp and the other bells and whistles

Old 26-Jun-2005, 19:53
MotoGP God

It doesnt have a tacho, but it looks like the hole is in the casing just blanked of. Could I get a cable and unblock it and use?
Old 26-Jun-2005, 19:57
Montjuic

Is it a blanking plate bolted to the head or an area where that casting hasnt been finished?
Old 26-Jun-2005, 20:23
MotoGP God

looks like a blanking plate, havent tried to mive just in case!! Biy its a different color and looks a bit like a fram plug. Looking at the haynes manual, it shows as where the tacho cable goes
Old 27-Jun-2005, 01:19
Montjuic

Theres a drive that bolts in place of the blanking plate. You need to install that before a cable operated tach will work. Easiest solution would be a small inexpensive electronic tach.
Old 27-Jun-2005, 09:07
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Paul Mine and Senna3's bikes both have Monster engines now fitted and in doing so we lost the use of the Cable Tacho as there is no drive teath on the camshaft for it, removing the blanking plug will allow you to see this.
Ideally you need a Electronic tacho that will work, like the SPA one above, I'm running a Stack at the moment Senna3 is running a Scitsu and Paul Payne is running a Elliot tacho.
AK has a DP one on his but apears to have a few issues with it.

Hopefully I will eventually get the 916 tacho to work once I have built a signal conditioning circuit that works, the ones I have tried so far in the main have been failures with a few bits of electronics getting blown up, I had a intial partial result and will be looking at revamping that circuit with a monostable to lengthen the drive pulse.