Ducati Sporting Club UK

Old 03-May-2005, 16:21
Montjuic

Mood: Ecstatic
Quote:
Originally posted by Murray Mint
I had the same problem with my brakes, changed the pads and all sorted. As for the “drift” could this be caused by the camber of the road?

Murray Mint

Doesn't seem to be the camber as I've tried it on both sides of the road and the same thing happens. Buggery!
Old 03-May-2005, 16:40
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Quote:
Originally posted by Jayse
Had my 749bp for about a week now, so am getting used to what's what. A couple of things I've noticed which someone may be able to explain before i go back to Ducati Aylesbury for them to take a look and for them to just fob me off, as they do.

Under normal to light braking to a stop I occasionaly get a slight judder from the front brakes, does not seem to be influenced by heat, may be due to glazed pads(?), they were meant to be checked and I haven't crucified them yet.

There is also a kind of faint 'cracking' noise, as if the grips or top yoke are moving under pressure when braking to a stop, some sort of play somewhere, not sure oif this is normal and I am just doing my 'dog-ears' impression.

The other thing is if riding on a flat bit of tarmac, when I lift my hands of bars (as you do) the bike drifts to the left (I had said veers before, but that is a bit strong for what is actually happening), I've tried it on both sides of the road just to check it wasn't the road influencing. What could this be down to?

It's had an HPI done by Ducati Aylesbury and no crash has was reported on it.

Generally she rides well tho.

Cheers

J

[Edited on 1-5-2005 by Jayse]
Loose steering head bearings??
Old 03-May-2005, 16:46
Montjuic

Mood: Ecstatic
Is there a specific test to do for that other than lifting up the front end and swivelling the front end about? Cos that's what he did, and didn't find anything untoward, but he did say if I'm conerned about it I should take it back to the dealer for warrenty. It only had 2200 mile on it when I got it last week, I've done about 500 since I got it, so it's not exactly high-mileage, but I suppose that means little with these 749/999 issues.

The thing is, I can't feel any steering problems really, it's the pressure from the stopping that causes the sound.
Old 03-May-2005, 18:41
Big Twin

Mood: Proud to own a Ducati :0)
Gareth - check your U2Us mate. I'd get your brakes checked again...